OK - no need to fall over - getting my Thankful Thursday post written a little ahead of time and ready to post !!! Linking up with Kate from katesaysstuff.
I have so much to be thankful for, so here goes with my list for this week :
- a wonderful two weeks on holiday in NZ
- the fantastic time to reconnect with A
- safe driving over nearly 4,000kms of winding roads
- the support and encouragement of my most special on-line friends now that I am trying to get back into exercising and eating correctly - no judgement, no negativity - just support and encouragement
- that even though I had things on after work yesterday, I got home, got changed and went walking - and I felt so good for having done that. Yes my pace was way off what it was when I was running - but hey, this time I was walking ! Then I looked back to when I first got Runkeeper - I walked 4.48km in 41:58min at a pace of 9:22/km. (That was on 8th April 12) Last night I walked 5.17km in 45:56min at a pace of 8:53/km. So all in all I am very happy with that.
- reading this quote "Feel the fear and do it anyway" and realising that it absolutely applied to me, so yesterday morning I adopted it as my mantra until I get past these (totally unfounded but there nonetheless) fears ! (Please remind me of this if you see these fears appearing in the cracks)
- a lovely meal made by K last night (Damn fine idea of mine getting her to decide, shop and cook one dinner a week - may have to make it twice a week soon !!!)
- my new Fit Journal that I am going to start using once I have discussed goals with A - he tends to be more realistic than me in this area !!!
- the opportunity to catch up with a fellow blogger on Sunday morning.
- that Kate continues to run TT even though there is so much happening in her own life that is time consuming for her.
Link up with Kate from katesaysstuff and share what you are thankful for this week.
Have the best Thursday ever !
TFTD : If you don't take care of yourself, then you can't take as good care of others either, so taking care of yourself is the best selfish thing to do.
(This is so true and so applicable to me. It is the reason I don't feel guilty about doing some of the things that I do that appear to be self indulgent and selfish ! I learned many years ago that if I look after myself first, I can be a better wife, mom, daughter, work colleague and friend)