my heart is on the other side of the world.
BUT, I am looking at the positives :
- it will be a great big adventure for her
- she will be seeing a different way of life
- she will mature as she learns to do more for herself
- she will have memories to last her a life time
- I will get out and exercise more as I try to take my mind off missing her
- I will get fit and healthy by doing this
- I will no longer have the excuse that K would like these biscuits/cake/lollies/chips when I am buying groceries (and then eating the bulk of what I bought for her myself because, in all honesty, she didn't even want them in the first place)
- I will get fit and healthy because of the above
- we have a holiday to plan and organise and book
- setting up Skype so we can stay in contact along with FB, e-mail and whatsapp
- not listening to her and A 'banter' in a way that drives me nuts
- not having to nag her to do her chores - I'll just have to do them myself !!!!!
So, when you think about it, there are heaps of positives to her being away provided I don't think abut the tears I've shed (and probably still will shed), how much I miss having her ask me how to do things, whether an outfit works or not, an exercise partner, a The Good Wife and Grey's 'watcher with me' and just being a sounding board for her. Although I am certain that some of those things will still happen long distance - it won't be quite the same as having her here with me.
Joining in with Jess from EssentiallyJess for #IBOT - have you joined in today ?
Have the best week !
TFTD : Sometimes you need those bad days to help you appreciate the good ones.