As you may, or may not know, I am a remedial massage therapist in my spare time. And I have a standard that I have set for my clients in terms of the treatments that I give. I have to assume that I do a good job otherwise I wouldn't have the repeat appointments that I do have. My aim for a client when they leave my therapy room is that they have had a great experience and would like to repeat said experience when they can get back to me.
The problem comes when I am getting a massage - I have high standards for the therapist that is giving me a massage. And, sadly, I haven't been able to find someone who is able to meet those standards.
For me, these are HUGE no-nos :
- having a fan blow directly onto a client (and having two fans blowing onto me is likely to make me twice as cranky
- taking your hands off me once you have started the treatment - unless it is to hold the towel up so that I can turn over, is a big no-no
- I know that I am not small by any stretch of the imagination, but giving me a towel that is only slightly bigger than a hand towel is not going to do it for me. Lying on my back and having it barely cover my 'bits', never mind about keeping the areas you have just massaged warm is not going to let me enjoy the experience
- having loud 'doof doof' music is not going to see me coming back to your practice
- rubbing my skin is not going to see me coming back to your practice
- rubbing my skin so vigorously that my teeth chatter is just plain annoying
- if I ask for you not to do tapotement on me, I mean for you not to do tapotement on me
Do you have anything you could add to the list ?
Do you live on the Gold Coast ?
Can you recomment a good massage therapist ?
Have the best Tuesday and take care !
TFTD : You can have all the knowledge in the world, but it means nothing without building up the confidence to do something with it.