Friday 27 April 2012

Things I Know

This evening I am linking up with Dorothy from Singular Insanity with a post on Things I Know !!

Tonight I feel like I could conquer the world !

I got home from work and A was busy working on a project in the garage.  I said to him that I was going to go for a run.  His reply "In the rain ?" and I said yes.  I think he was a little surprised - probably not as surprised as me !!!!

I got changed, got my phone and got out there.

I got into a rhythm quite quickly.  I got into the zone with my breathing.  It was fan-friggin-tastic !

I felt like I could have run forever.

I landed up running 7.28km - at a pace a little slower than I would have liked but given it was raining, I took it carefully so that I didn't fall and injure myself.

Yes I got wet but I didn't melt.  Yes I got a bit cold but I got home, cooled down and had a warm shower.  Now I am sitting in my jarmies, under the blanket and I am happy.  We have had dinner and I have exercised - which means my one day of rest gets to be pulled out and used another day - maybe tomorrow or maybe Sunday BUT definitely one of the days because I have learned that rest days are just as, if not more important, than exercise days.

I know that I can run. 

I know that with the right equipment my running is so much better.

I know that I am really happy that I found the app that gets me moving because I LOVE seeing the numbers at the end of my runs. I love hearing my splits and my pace and my speed.

I know that I have the most amazing support team in the form of my family and my on-line friends who are always encouraging and motivating me to keep moving.

I know that I am fitter and healthier than I have been for many many years - and I love it.  I love that my body is responding to my healthier eating and my exercise.

I love that I have learned that a rest day is not a lazy day - it is a day that my body needs to recover from the exercise that I have put it through.

Thanks Dorothy for hosting the link for Things I Know !

Have the best weekend ever and if you are on the Gold Coast - don't forget your brolly and your wellies !!!!

TFTD : Trust yourself.  You know more than you think you do.  Dr Spock

10 comments:

  1. There is nothing like that feeling of the blood pumping and oxygen racing through your body. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure - it was such a great run I just wish that they all felt like that !
      Have a great weekend.
      Me

      Delete
  2. That sounds awesome! I wish I could get into running, or even walking. It's just seems to slip away every day as I get busy with this and that.

    Thank you for linking up for Things I Know this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have started actually booking it in my diary so that I am reminded if I get busy with something. Most days though I can't wait to get out there and let my mind wander wherever.

      Hope the weather is a little more pleasant than what we have on the coast today.

      Me

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I recently started running and am doing the Couch25k. Right now I only run for short distances, but I have a vision of running 5k, in the rain. Yup, want to run in the rain. It spring here and it's our rainy season, so I'll probably get my opportunity. It's inspiring to see other women who are around my age already doing what I want to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to do the Couch25k except I entered the Mothers Day Classic and so I had to speed up my training otherwise I probably wouldn't have been able to finish the race. I would never do anything in the rain because I used to wear glasses and I hated the rain drops on them but last night I thought that it would just make me wet and it might be fun - it was a lot more slippery so be careful when you do get to run in the rain - but it was also fun and quite liberating in some ways.

      Good luck with your running - I can't tell you know much better I feel since I started exercising more.

      Love, hugs and positive energy !
      Me

      Delete
  4. I love the sound of that run...even in the rain it sounded perfect! I love walking but havent done it a lot lately..exercise is so good for the mind and the body :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa - thanks for stopping by. You are right - exercise is so good for the mind and the body - sometimes that is why it is so easy for me to get out there because I need to be able to switch my mind off and let it wander where it wants.
      Have a great weekend !
      Me

      Delete
  5. Surely not raining still?
    Running in the rain sounded wonderful l. Glad you were careful. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - yip - still raining although it did let up during the week and we have reasonable weather until yesterday. It has been raining for the past 13-14 hrs solidly - not downpours - but steady rain. Our pool is over flowing, the grass / ground is water logged - so glad I got my run done last night - think it would be too miserable to run in this rain today.

      Have a great weekend my friend !
      Me

      Delete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...