There are 34 of them on this website !!! I suppose I should be grateful that I have not been afflicted with all 34 !!!
- hot flushes - oh this is a goodie. I can sit here with everyone else rugged up and before you know it I am stripping off and sitting in my undies (sorry TMI !) - luckily we haven't had anyone around visiting when this has happened.
- night sweats - similar to above except my jarmies get soaking wet and I have to change our linen at least every two days. So what happens when I am in bed is that I snuggle under the doona until the sweats strike when I throw the doona off for 5 mins to cool down, pull the doona up and then at least another 3-4 times during the night I repeat.
I have been taking wild yam to counteract these two symptoms and it does seem to be working - the down side is that they taste like cr*p so even when you find a solution for the symptom, the solution is a bit cr*p anyway !!!
- mood swings - what more can I say ? Sometimes my family run for cover when I arrive home because they aren't quite sure what to expect - hell I don't even know what to expect from myself from one minute to the next !
- fatigue - given how badly I have been sleeping, whether because of A's snoring or the bloody menopause, I don't know - what I do know is that I am always tired, even when I wake up, I'm tired.
- hair loss - on this one I seem to have gone the opposite way. I have always had really thick hair - the amount of new hair that is growing is amazing - and painful - because I have all these new hairs sticking up in places where my hair shouldn't be sticking up !!!
- sleep disorders - like I wasn't doing a good enough job of having cr*ppy sleep every night all by myself - this just makes it 1,000 times worse !!
- difficulty concentrating - this I have really noticed at work. I cannot seem to stay focussed on the task at hand for very long at all. My mind is all over the place and my work is definitely suffering. Things that I could knock over in an hour are taking me nearly a whole morning - it is driving me nuts given that it is year end and I have 6 companies I am supposed to be winding up for the year !!! I cannot even read for any length of time. I used to read 4-5 library books a fort-night - now I it takes me close to a month to finish a book.
- incontinence - well I don't really suffer from this but only because I have been really good for the past couple of months doing my pelvic floor exercises - I used to think they were a waste of time but I did them just in case they did actually work - I am sooooooooooooo glad I did because they do work !!!!
- irritability - see mood swings above !!! I don't understand how things that never used to worry / annoy me can send me over the edge now ????? Note to self - I wonder if this is why A has to work away from home so much - anything to get away from the dragon witch I am sure he thinks he is married to ?????
- headaches - definitely had more achey feeling in my head the last couple of months - not headaches per se, just not feeling right.
- joint pain - I thought this was just the arthritis in my knees and elbows but maybe it isn't just that - maybe it is the menopause on top of the arthritis / old age - yay double whammy !!!!
- muscle tension - again, I thought it was just stress and because especially my neck and back are always tight - this obviously doesn't help in any way, shape or form.
- weight gain - my weight is going up but my measurements seem to be staying pretty static so not sure what the go is with that.
- itchy skin - at night my arms can drive me nuts with how much they itch. I have tried different tops, I have tried different sheets, I have tried using moisturiser on them, I have tried not using moisturiser on them - nothing seems to help - they itch like I have been touching poison ivy - another yay !!!!
When I look at the list above, I realise that maybe I am not that badly done by given there are 34 possible symptoms that I could be suffering from. I think it is time I took myself back to the naturopath to see what she can recommend to try to make me a little more bearable to live with !!!
Have you suffered with this ? Can you make any recommendations about what I could try to do to alleviate some / all / any of the above ?
Linking in with Dorothy at Singular Insanity for Things I Know this week !
TFTD : Your past circumstances and background may have influenced who you are today, but only YOU are responsible for who you become tomorrow.