Thursday 6 February 2014

Woohooo !!

WE HAVE A CONTRACT ON OUR HOME  !!!!

While our home hasn't been on the market for months and months, or heaven forbid, years, it has been a rather stressful time for me since we put it on the market on Christmas Eve.  But, today, we finally agreed on a price with a prospective buyer and have a contract on it.  Now it's just for the bank to find value in it and the building and pest inspection. Then we are good to go !!!

Well - sort of - there have been a few hiccups with the place we are buying BUT, I had another win this morning when A agreed that even if the purchase of the place we want falls through, we will rent and be a cash buyer and just look for something else - win, win all around !

If you had told me years ago that I would be the one who was positive about a tree change and happy to let my home become someone else's home, I would have laughed at you.  I would have said that you 'were smoking your socks' (as we say in our family).  I can see just how much I have grown and changed my attitude about how I deal with issues that come up.  I have, finally, realised that there is no point in worrying about the things that I have no control over.  I have realised that worrying about the things that I cannot change is a waste of my energy.

Today I am thankful for the contract that we have on our home but more importantly, I am thankful for how I have grown and how my attitude has changed to allow me to enjoy life more fully instead of spending so much time worrying about the things I have no control over.

Have the best day !

Have you joined in with Rhianna from The Parenting Life for Thankful Thursday ?  
What are you thankful for today ?

TFTD :  It's better to look back on life and say "I can't believe I did that," than to look back and say "I wish I did that."

16 comments:

  1. What a great thing to be thankful for, congrats on the contract/sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am so happy for you, can't wait to hear all about the new place :)

    ReplyDelete

  3. That is the best news massive congrats to you! Ilove smoking your socks will have to use that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, I am very happy for you, now for the planning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new home is a new adventure. Wishing you a smooth exchange on your property :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo!!! This is awesome news. Congratulations and what a load off your mind. I am going to use 'smoking your socks' from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! I know it has been a challenge so I'm very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!!!!!! That is so awesome. Hope it all continues on swimmingly! Thanks so much for joining in

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased for you L, fingers crossed all goes well and wishing you a very happy settlement day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am SO happy for you!!! That must be a huge relief! And what an exciting time to be able to know you are actually moving forward now!! Yay for a change xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy, Happy, Happy news. Fingers crossed for a quick settlement. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a relief. Fingers crossed it is smooth sailing from here on in for you. We still need to sell our NSW property so we can purchase here in Perth. It's old and was rented with the tenants doing a runner and leaving it in a state. Thankfully this week, via gumtree I found a couple who are building and he is a handyman, so they are taking a 6 month lease and helping us fix the place up for reduced rent.

    Hopefully towards the end of their lease, we can head back and add the finishing touches with a view to finally selling and then purchase here. It will be my 23rd and hopefully last move.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!! So fab! (Not sure how I missed this>>>>)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on selling and hope the move goes well! Now if you could pass on some of that new attitude of not worrying about things you can't control I would certainly appreciate it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations - that's great news!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...