Thursday 21 June 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today I am linking in with Kate from katesaysstuff for Thankful Thursday because it is one of the few days of the week that I make a concerted effort to post a blog - I like linkies and so I like Thursday and Friday when I can join in with a bunch of other fantastic bloggers and celebrate the small things in life !

This time next week I will have done my last training run before the 10km race - I will probably be nervous and anxious and wishing that it was 10am on Saturday morning because if I haven't finished my 10kms by then someone would have come and picked me up in a car !!!

Earlier this week I planned my last two weeks of training and I took it to my trainer and asked his opinion - he thought it was great with enough kms to keep me going and not enough to burn me out.  On Monday I had planned an 8km run - I got home and on some level I knew that 8km was too much - I had a headache, I had had a big day at work and I just felt that I wouldn't be able to manage that.  So I swopped it for the 6km run I had planned for Wednesday night.

I got to training on Tuesday night and the trainer said he couldn't make it on Thursday night as he would be away for work so suggested we train on Tues and Wed  this week.  So, the run I had planned for last night was swopped with the PT session tonight.

Today at work we decided to move the office around (another long story that I won't go into here) - the gist of it being that I probably over did the pushing and pulling and lifting and I left there this afternoon with my back absolutely aching and my right knee twinging more than I liked.  I also had a client booked in for a massage tonight (when really I felt like I needed to find someone to give me a massage !!!!).  I got home and as I got out the car I just knew that I couldn't run tonight - as much as I wanted to, I knew I couldn't.

So, I treated my client, went and got some groceries, came home and had a soak in Epsom salts.  As soon as this is posted I am off to bed with a wheat pack for my back.  I am now looking at an 8km run tomorrow and a 10km run on the weekend.  This is going to mean that I won't reach my 190kms of training runs before the race on 30th BUT it does mean that I am more likely to be able to run on the 30th given the rest that I gave my back tonight.  It was so hard for me to say "My back is sore so I won't run tonight" when all I wanted to do was come home, get changed and get out there to clock up some more kms.

I am thankful that I listened to my body and I am really hoping that my body is thankful too and heals quickly and allows me to run tomorrow night.

What are you thankful for today ?  Link up with Kate and share your thankfulness with others.

TFTD : Don't let the people who aren't worth it get to you.  Focus on those who love and accept you for who you are, and shower them with the love and kindness they deserve.

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear how your run goes. I just know you're going to do great. BTW...what's a "wheat pack?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane. LOL - it's a whole bunch of wheat inside a fabric bag that you heat up in the microwave and put on aching muscles to increase the blood flow to the area and help them repair when damaged !!
      Have the best day tomorrow - love, hugs and positive energy !
      Me

      Delete
  2. Hi. I'm inspired to do some exercise now, good on you! I've just followed your blog and added you to my bloglist. Hope that's OK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather - that is more than OK. So glad that yo are off to do some exercise - let me know how you get on !!
      Have a great weekend and take care.
      Me

      Delete
  3. It's great that you know your body well enough to know when to stop and when you can push it. Can't wait to read about your run and hope the lead up this week goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee - I have rested up most of the weekend and went for a 5km run this morning - and it went OK - I would have liked to have run for longer but trying to be good and listen to the osteo. Tomorrow I am going to go for some dry needling and hopefully that will fix my back so that it doesn't hinder me on Saturday.
      Have a great week and thanks for commenting !
      Me

      Delete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...