Tonight I am blogging about random things that have happened recently because that is about all my brain can manage right now as well as linking in with Grace from With Some Grace for FYBF!!!
- on Wednesday we signed up for Warrior Dash on 10 November at Kilcoy - anyone interested in joining us we have entered the 12 noon event (the waves are every 30 mins from 9am) and this was the first wave available when we were entering
- I am having trouble trying to enter the 10km Stampede for next year - someone did get back to me today and I replied to their mail so am waiting to hear back from them before we can continue that registration
- tonight K asked me to go shopping for togs with her. It seems like she has finally realised that maybe, just maybe, I do know some thing about what colours and styles suit her and I can pick something off the rack that will look great on her. The acceptance and knowledge in her face when she tried on a top that I had chosen for her to wear with her Black Milk leggings was just priceless - I am so sorry I couldn't get to capture it on photo
- currently work is a great place to be - the work is kinda interesting (for a change), the bosses are being reasonable, I love the lady who works in the same office as me - we have so much fun and share heaps of laughter - it makes such a difference waking up in the morning and actually enjoying driving to work. Would I rather win Lotto and travel the world ? Of course. But, until I do, I think I might just stay where I am (rather unusual given my history of changing jobs whenever I get bored !!!)
- in #operation move, I have moved 345 mins this week (total for September 463) - yeeehaaaaaa - gotta be happy with that - also happy with my weight loss over the past two weeks given how hectic things have been. Am so glad to be motivated to exercise even on nights when we are going out for dinner rather than coming home and slothing in front of the TV until we go out because I don't have to cook dinner
- last weekend while we were away we asked my folks to get some vacuum storage bags for us from Aldi as they were on special. We have our winter clothes that we used in NZ and nowhere really to put them so, for now, they are vacuumed and pushed under the bed. But it got me thinking - and moving - and three absolutely over flowing, huge rubbish bin bags later, I have had a major clear out of winter clothes that I haven't worn in I don't know how many years. K is going to take them to the Salvos or Lifeline or some charity tomorrow (I don't think she realised how much there was as I was only holding up one bag when I asked her !!!!) and I hope that someone will benefit from using clothes that I no longer wear or no longer fit me whether they are too big or too small. It is such a great feeling looking at those three big bundles and knowing that there is a part of my cupboard / drawers that has been cleared. A great feeling for me - now, if I could attack the hoarding gene that is A I could land up with the minimalistic house that I have always wanted !!!!
- YAY tomorrow is Friday and that means the weekend is nearly here. Unfortunately A and K are both working on Sunday but that means I get to spend the whole day doing exactly what I want, when I want - what more could I ask for ???
- before I trained as a reflexologist and remedial massage therapist - I used to have my nails done. I found a lady who was excellent at gel nails and did a great job - and I loved my nails. I loved my hands and how they looked with nails. Then I started to study reflexology and massage and had to get rid of the nails - oh man I missed them. It's been over 5 years since I last had nails and so I decided to have them done before we went on holiday - I loved having nails again. It's been too long since I had any nails worth looking at. It was a sad today when I had them taken off and I am back to my stumpy little nails again. (Please note - this is very tongue in cheek - I know that there are a gazillion people around the world dealing with issues so much bigger than me having gel nails taken off - so please, if you are thinking about leaving a nasty comment in regard to this - don't bother to waste your time - I do get that it is trivial !!!!!)
- I am thinking about starting a challenge for my on-line friends. After reading about it at Fitness, Health and Happiness I wondered if anyone would like to join me in doing one timed plank per day - with the view to increasing the length of time that you plank for and giving those core muscles a really good work out.
So, are you in or are you out with regard to the planking challenge ? Ask yourself - Do you want abs of steel ? Do you want a really flat stomach ? And then decide, can you afford to say no to the challenge ?????
TFTD : Pain makes you stronger. Tears make you braver. Heartbreak makes you wiser. So thank the past for a better future !!