- I will run again. This morning I ran more than 2/3's of the 4.8km that I was out. Apart from about 15-20 steps at the transition from walking to running in my left knee, it went really well. My breathing sucks again - but that is OK, I am working on it and I know that I will get it back to where it was before I stopped running.
- I suck at buying birthday presents for the man who has everything. Does a coffee machine with a free grinder count ? Or is that a present for the house ? Even if it is for the house - he's got it now although he may wish to choose a different one. Plus a box of 4 different beers - not exciting but man, it isn't like when he is buying for me and can get a Pandora charm or perfume and I'll be happy !! He really does have everything and every bloody year it gets harder and harder. I'm thinking maybe I should just put a big bow around myself and give myself to him !!
- Work has been stressful but good this week. I am really happy where I work - for the first time I truly feel valued as an employee and I feel like my opinions and ideas carry some weight. I have job hopped reasonably regularly for nearly 30 years and this is the first job where I have felt like I matter !! It is good.
- Eating and drinking well from Monday breakfast to Friday lunch in not condusive to losing weight if I am going to lose the plot in the food and drink department from Friday lunch to Monday breakfast !!!! I need to do something to stop the self sabotage in the food department - it is undoing all the good work I am doing with my exercise
- I suck at trying to remember the things that I know - I had a whole heap in my head while I was driving around today doing everything that needed to be done and now that I am sitting down at the laptop I can't think of them - I HATE it when that happens !!!!!!
- I am loving the weather that we are having at the moment. Days are just glorious and nights are still cool enough to be comfortable to go to sleep. I love the coolness of the sheets on my skin when I climb into bed (a far cry from having to have them heated before I would get into bed - thank you menopause !!!!)
- I am excited about starting the planking challenge tomorrow - I will be in touch with everyone who said that they would be interested in joining me. And, if anyone else wants to join in as we are going - you are more than welcome.
Have the best week ever - take care and remember to tell those close to you how much you love and appreciate them !
Have you got a great week planned ? I am motivated to exercise
so that is what I am going to work on this week.
TFTD : Be so busy loving your life that you have no time for hate and regret.