3 TBSP coconut oil (12 TBSP)
1/4C cocoa powder (I found this to be too much so I used 1/8C for single quantity or 1/2C for x 4 quantity)
1/2C ground hazelnuts/almonds/macadamias/pecans (2C)
3/4C shredded coconut (3C)
1 TBSP honey (4TBSP)
1. Melt coconut oil and honey over low heat
2. Once combined, remove from heat and add cocoa powder, nuts, shredded coconut and mix well
3. Line baking sheet with baking paper and pour mixture onto sheet. (You can shape into individual bars - I make one big sheet of it and then just cut it up into bite size pieces.)
4. Put baking sheet into freezer or fridge and allow to harden
5. Cut up and try to ration them so you don't eat them all at once !!!
6. Store in fridge otherwise they turn to a crumbly granola type mixture.
This has become a staple of my new lifestyle. It's great to pop a piece or two before exercising - I like the fact that I can chew on the coconut and nuts for ages.
There are some fantastic recipes on this site if you are interested in paleo eating - some complicated, some quick and easy - http://www.primalprimos.com/ . This is not a sponsored post - in fact these guys have no idea I have mentioned their website here - it's just that I have found some great recipes on here and wanted to share it with others.
Because it is Tuesday I am linking in with Essentially Jess for #IBOT - thanks again Jess for hosting such a great linky !!
TFTD : Good things happen when you distance yourself from negativity and those who create it.