Friday 3 May 2013

Things I Know

Yippee - it's Friday again - my most favourite day of the week because it means that tonight is the start of the weekend and I LOVE the weekend, for lots of reasons that I won't go into now.  What I will do now is join in with Miss Cinders from Saturday Morning Orge Mom for the easiest linky in blogland, because, as we all know, and we are reminded by MC, we all know sh*t.

- I know that I have found the yummiest paleo recipe for coconut rough - I made it last week before we went away and it was delicious (even when I had to scoff it down with a spoon because I forgot to put it in the fridge).  On Sunday night, I made some more - four times as much as what we had made previously !  Sadly, it hasn't lastest four times as long - it's just meant that I haven't cooked dinner for the last two nights and eaten copious amounts a few pieces of coconut rough instead !!

- I know that I am about to write to some place (I don't know what they are called but I do have an address for them - oooh just seen an ABN so I can look up the company name) because I filled in a survey (with a few untruths because I don't drink wine) in order to receive two travel coffee mugs (yes, I don't drink tea or coffee but they looked so nice and were the only reason I completed the survey in the first place) in February and still haven't received my travel coffee cups.

- I know that A works for a sucky company who couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery and that they have pushed the realms of my flexibility to the limit. 

- I know that I don't like sleeping alone.

- I know that sometimes the silence is deafening.

- I know that I am happy that we sent out the invitations for K's party last night.  I know that sometimes she is has no sense of practicality - ordering party invitations from a company in England when you want people to RSVP by next Wednesday is probably not the best decision.  Free online invitations is what we are looking for Love !!!!

- I know that thanks to eVite we found them, sent them off and have had more than half the people reply already !

- I know that this means that the party is going to go ahead which means I am going to have to get my sh*t together very quickly.

- I know that I have a wonderful family who have all offered to help - if only K would make up her mind about what she wants !!!!!!!

- I know Mrs Flannery's has a 15% discount on heaps of stuff in store tomorrow so after my client and before catching up with my friend, I will be making a stop there to stock up on what I think I need for the next month.

- I know that my visit to the dentist yesterday turned out to be not nearly as scary as I thought it was going to be - this is one area where I find it really difficult not to expect the worst (maybe now that I am going for regular check-ups because he is so nice and so gentle, the worst won't happen).

- I know that I am loving the weather at the moment - the days are just beautiful and the nights are nice and cool - ideal for snuggling under the doona.

Wishing you all the best weekend ever !

What do you know today ?
 

TFTD : It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves - Edmund Hillary

17 comments:

  1. You have got to share these recipes! I LOVE coconut rough! YUMMO!

    I'd be sending a letter about the cups too! I dare say a lot of them survey things have the same thing happen. Wrong in so many ways!

    And the party IS A GO! HURRAY! You know she's going to change her mind about something at the last minute hey? *giggles* Just remember "YOU CAN DO THIS!" It will be awesome!

    Have an amazing week lovely one xxx

    MCx
    #ThingIKnow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thansk MC - for sure she is going to change her mind - I'll be grateful if it is only about one thing !!!
      Have the best weekend !
      Me

      Delete
  2. way to go on knowing so much.
    Yes I'd be contacting that place about those mugs too!!
    Enjoy the weekend!
    coming by from things I know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a great weekend too !!
      Love, hugs and positive energy !
      Me

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on the sleeping alone. I sleep so badly when partner away - I end up watching tv til 2 in the morning - then I'm really tired the next day but it still doesn't change...
    Did the meals go ok? Was this the trip you talked about earlier?
    Good luck with the party. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - watch TV until some ungodly hour and then can't get up in the morning !!!
      The meals went well - I was pretty much able to find something to eat wherever we went - got some lovely gluten free, dairy free and sugar free things from the Bangalow Markets (know where to go next time we are down there to pick up lovely snacks !!!)
      HAve the best day !
      Me

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. LOL R - I didn't realise there would be people interested - will try to post it over the weekend.
      Have the best Friday !
      Me

      Delete
  5. Yay for non-scary dentist visits and the gorgeous autumn weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure Janet !!
      Here's to a great weekend.
      Me

      Delete
  6. I dont like sleeping alone too..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I'm not the only one !!! Thanks for stopping by Nina.
      Have the best weekend !
      Me

      Delete
  7. Hmmmm coconut rough yummmmm.
    Thanks for the heads up about Mrs Flannery's I need to pop in there, but it feels like a hike to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, definitely need that recipe. Am hungry now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving the cooler weather too!! I am also loving the thought of coconut rough for dinner, genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love to see the recipe as well please :), and can't wait till we get to the Gold Coast in less than 3 months time :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just had to look up what Mrs Flannery's was. What a great shop. I am sure there is something like that here in Sydney. Will have to allocate some time to look for it.
    Cooler weather has the big tick from me too. Autumn has been spectacular this year. The tree colours have been amazing.
    Will keep reading to catch up.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...