Friday 17 May 2013

Things I Know

Well it's Friday which means it's the day for Things I Know except I just popped over to Miss Cinders from Saturday Morning Ogre Mum and she hasn't got her normal linky up (I'm thinking she may still be sooki about the Tim Tams having palm oil in them and her not eating them until they don't, but I could be wrong about that !!!)  (I was totally wrong - MC was on her way to visit her sister and her laptop battery went flat - and then when she got there she was too busy gabbing to worry about the linky - love ya MC !!) - so anyway, here is my list of Things I Know today because, as MC normally reminds us, we all know sh*t.

- I know that I miss A when he is away.

- I know that I have made a decision to get more involved with others so that I don't feel so alone while he is not here.  But, he is my bestest friend in the whole wide world and, while I can keep busy during the day, going to bed alone sucks big time (especially now that it is getting colder !!!)

- I know that for reasons that are totally beyond me because she is now 21 and should know better, K is a much nicer person to be around when it is just us having one on one time together and her Dad isn't around 'getting in the way' (or whatever it is that she thinks he does when he is home.)

- I know that K was really good about helping prepare and clean up after her party - much appreciated by A and myself.

- I know that we both had a great evening late night shopping last night.  Even though I couldn't find any winter tops to buy, I tried on Converse shoes (I looked like Ronald McDonald in the ones with the white in the front !!) but didn't buy any, and she got a lovely pair which, no doubt we will see when we go to watch the Suns play tomorrow.

- I know that the Suns have a really good chance of winning against the Bulldogs and making it two in a row - go guys !

 - I know that I have activities planned over the next few weekends to keep myself occupied while A is away - so much so I can't go up to visit because I am busy !!!!   After he comes home next time I will plan a weekend up with him.

- I know that I had to laugh (quietly to myself) at K the other day when she told me that she had told the lady who does the rostering at work that she 'would appreciate not being rostered to work on the weekends unless absolutely necessary as my Dad is working in Townsville and my Mom will be all by herself on the weekends.'  Clearly she thinks I am not capable of amusing myself for two days a week !!

- I know that I am going to embrace tomorrow and our tax returns because if I don't it will turn the whole day into one big chore.

- I know that I am enjoying eating good quality healthy food and how my body feels after said food.  While sometimes I miss the taste of sugary/carb foods, I don't miss how they make me feel.

- I know that I am looking forward to my appointment with my osteopath this afternoon.

- I know that I am going to leave there with a sore stomach because we always laugh so much.

- I know that I am looking forward to our twitter party tonight - 8pm AEST #vvow - feel free to join in if you aren't busy with anything else.

- I know that winter is coming - this morning it was 14° when I got out of bed this morning and I did not want to get up.

- I know that I am loving the Good Karma bracelet that Lisa from Random Acts of Zen sent to me - thank you Lovely Lady - I can't tell you how it makes me feel when I look at it and play with the pearls !

- I know that I am thoroughly enjoying the Pay It Forward Project - if you would like to be involved, please leave a comment with an e-mail address or DM me via Twitter/FB and I will send you the details.  Again, thanks to Lisa for the beautiful bells she has sent me to include in this project.

- I know that it is Friday - the best day of the working week !!!!

Have the BEST weekend that you can !

TFTD : Don't beat yourself up too much. You are a work in progress; which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once.

9 comments:

  1. Hey darling - i hope you don't get too cold while A is away. Joni Mitchell wrote a stunning line about her man while he was away ... 'the bed's too big, the fying pan's too wide'. I'm kinda used to it now but you can't beat man snuggles.

    Would love to hear about pay it forward - my email is bachelormum@gmail.com (if u get a chance lemmie know). Have a great weekend. Kimx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim - that is exactly right - the bed is definitely too big for one person !!! Not so sure about the frying pan as A is the one who cooks breakfast - I wouldn't have a clue about the size of the frying pan - LOL !!!!!!
      Maybe it will make it easier to get up in the morning not having my personalised hot water bottle in bed with me !!!
      Have mailed you about the PIF project - have a great weekend too !
      Me

      Delete
  2. We are out so will miss the twitter party, but enjoy. And do your tax returns. Jetstar have a sale on Townsville fares at the moment...just sayin'.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no - well enjoy yourself whatever you are doing - you don't know how much fun you are missing out on so I hope wherever you are going is worth it !!!! LOL
      Got as far as paying for tickets to T/ville when thought I should check my diary - it's the weekend I have booked to do a cupping seminar - so waiting to hear back from them to see if I can change it to the next one later on in the year !!
      Have the best weekend too !
      Me

      Delete
  3. I know the PIF project sounds super interesting, can you email me as well please lovely. So nice of K to think of your boredom even if it wasn't needed. Hope you have a great appointment and keep on feeling awesome.

    Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhianna - you too !!!
      Have the best day !
      Me

      Delete
  4. That is very cute about K wanting the weekends off ... are you sure there wasn't an ulterior motive ...? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Rachel - I did wonder. BIL asked the same thing - LOL !!! Will be interesting to see if she is off what she suggests we do.
      Have a great weekend !
      Me

      Delete
  5. What a bloody lovely post!
    I know that you are going to have a fantastic weekend cos you are one happy Chick.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...