YAY - it's Thursday which means Thankful Thursday linky with Francesca from Francesca Writes Here. Yesterday I spent a fair bit of time thinking about what I was thankful for and I came up with ............................. nothing ! Not that I am not thankful for stuff, but just that I don't want to keep posting week after week the same 'stuff' !!!!
Francesca kindly reminded me that I was thankful that there is only 1 more sleep until A gets back instead of the 8 that I had last week (which technically means this isn't the same 'stuff') but I wanted something just a little different. So here goes (and, even as I am typing this I am not sure what is going to follow here ...........)
- I am thankful for looking after myself and taking on board everyone's comments about going for a massage (here). I know that the universe works to give us what we need - and this is how it worked out for me. As a result of finding a massage therapist in the yellow pages, who did a fantastic job at massaging me (I find it very difficult to get a good massage because I have such high standards for myself and I expect others to have the same), after a bit of a chat, she told me about a naturopath she had been to see. I thought that it was worth going to see her to see if there was anything she could do to help me and I went to see her yesterday. What a lovely lady. She said that the medication and supplements I was on were great and just topped it up with some homeopathic medication. She suggested another two supplements but recommended I get them from Giant Chemist as they were cheaper than what she could sell them to me for !!!!
- I am thankful for the one-on-one time that I get to spend with K while A is away - it truly has been magical in some strange ways.
- I am thankful for the cheap, good quality yarn that my folks keep finding for me to buy so that I can keep on with my project of crocheting baby blankets. To be honest, I don't even know which project I am supporting anymore - I crochet them and give them to my folks and they drop them off with someone. I am presuming that there are babies somewhere who are warmer because of the blankets I have made.
- I am thankful that it is getting cooler in the mornings and evenings and somehow my hot flushes and night sweats seem to have calmed down a little (or maybe the medicine is working and keeping them under control) - whichever it is I am happy that I only have to change pj's three or four times a week instead of three or four times a night !! (Yes, I just have a pile of vests next to my bed and when one gets wet, I take it off and pull another one on.)
- I am soooooooooooooo thankful that it is a long weekend this weekend - WOOO-BLOODY-HOOOOOOO - how cool is that going to be ? A gets home tomorrow afternoon/evening and we get to spend three days together !!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta love celebrating the Queen's birthday !
- I am not thankful that there was something that I thought was a really good thing to be thankful for but now I have forgotten what it was !!!
I know that we all have stuff that we are thankful for - what are you thankful for today ?
Have the best week !
TFTD : Have faith in your lifelong journey. No matter how stressful, everything had to happen exactly as it did to get you to where you're going.