I will try to get around to reading as many of the posts linked up before I go but if you don't see a comment from me, never feat, I will catch up next week.
In totally randomness, this is what I know :
- I know that I received a LOVELY surprise when I got home from work this aftenoon. There was a package in the post box for me. I opened it and it was a set of soy melts - sweet pea and vanilla. It was from Ann at Help!! I'm Stuck!!. What absolutely blew me away was the fact that it was only earlier on this week that I took two of my burners out and put them in the lounge and have been burning melts in the evenings while I have been sitting here watching TV and crocheting. And, it was only the other night that I looked and thought to myself that I am going to have to go and buy some more melts because these two are nearly finished ! So, not only was it exactly what I needed, but, vanilla is my most favourite fragrance. Who says that the universe (a) does not provide and (b) work in mysterious ways ???????
- I know that I am embarrassed to be Australian when I see how the politicians have been behaving and treating each other recently. While they may not like each other or agree with their ideal's or policies, common courtesy and respect cost exactly the same as bad manners and disrespect - absolutely NOTHING - so why choose to have bad manners and be disrespectful of your fellow human beings ? I just don't get it. I know that it's not only politicians who treat others like this - a lot of every day Joe Smiths do as well (it's just that the politicans are more in the spot light and likely to be seen to be doing (what I call) the 'wrong' thing i.t.o. how they treat others. It's the same with telling lies and breaking promises - I don't get why people do this.
- I know that I started a spreadsheet for keeping track of the squats that I was doing every day. It started on Day 1 with 60 and increased by 10 every day until Day 30 when I would be doing 350 squats - a total of 6,150 squats in 30 days. Sadly, I managed Day 1 and Day 2 - the grand total of 130, which is 130 more than I would have done, but sadly I stopped after Day 2 because my legs were so sore and I was battling to walk up and down the stairs at work. Rhianna from A Parenting Life has sent me the spreadshee that she is using so as soon as I have a chance to look at it I will see if maybe it is a more realistic program and change over, starting next week after I get home from Townsville.
- I know that I (try to) send out a Thought For The Day most week days. If you would like to be included in this list, let me have your e-mail address and I will include you. I hide all addresses when I send this out so your address isn't seen by any friends you haven't met yet a.k.a. strangers. I also do not sell your e-mail information to any marketing companies !!!
- I know (or at least I am almost 100% sure) that the doctor misdiagnosed me as having depression when she prescibed the anti-depressants. I was suffering from anxiety - not depression. So when I went back and said I was still suffering and she doubled the dose - it still didn't help - because these particular anti-depressants were never going to help with anxiety attacks. It has taken me a very long time to come off them but I have been off them for about 2 weeks now and I feel f.a.n.t.a.s.t.i.c. - I can't remember how long it has been since I have felt this good. Clearly, they were not helping me but rather making me feel worse. I feel so much happier now that I am off them completely. Now I am to work on what I can do about my weight because, although my outlook on life is happy, I am still really struggling to look at my body and love it. I know that it looks like it does because of the medication but that really doesn't make it any easier to love it. If only it wasn't this hard to do.
- I know that K and I went to see Slava's Snow Show last night and really enjoyed it. We left home just after 5pm because we were expecting to hit traffic due to Origin being played at the same time - there was heaps of traffic up to Springwood and, at times it was a total car park, even though there was no accident or reason for it, go figure, and got up to Brisbane in time to have a bite to eat before taking our place on the balcony at the Lyric Theatre. We both laughed heaps - it was great. Our only regret was not getting tickets down on the ground floor as there was heaps of interaction with the audience who were down there. But it was still very entertaining. If you get a chance to go and see it I would strongly suggest you go.
- I know that I had asked A and K not to tell me the score of Origin if they knew what it was because I wanted to get home and watch it without knowing the end result. But, when we got into the car, K said she had looked up the score and did I want to know - I uuhmed and aaahed for a while and then, very tentatively said, yes OK. And she looked at me with a deadpan face and said 14-0. Well my heart sank - I knew that this was a do or die game from Queensland and I didn't want it to be a die game. Then she broke into the biggest grin and said "To us" !! Little bugger !!!!! Anyway, the second half had just started and so we landed up listening to it the whole way home - screaming and shouting when things got close or when it sounded like the ref had got it wrong - as you do !!!! She was not going to stay at home but go straight to the house where she is house sitting - but we got home and she walked into the loungeroom, let Alfie and Rosie in and turned to me and said "Do you mind if I stay tonight ?" Of course I didn't mind so we both put our PJ"s on and settled down on the couch to watch Origin, which, by that time, we knew we had won. I'm not so sure I would have sat down to watch it if we had lost !!!!!!
- I know that planning a holiday when you don't live together is a little difficult - no matter how many phone calls you make, there is always something you forget to check and have to make another phone call to confirm !! But the up side now is that I have booked our flights, car hire and insurance - so just let anyone try to stop us from going !!! We are going to Tasmania from 12th - 28th August. Now I need to get working on finding us some accommodation ! (And, if there is anyone out there who has some suggestions to make - please feel free to let me know if there are things you would recommend we do / see / go to or places we should (or shouldn't) stay.) Very loosely - we land in Launceston - spend the night there - drive through to Cradle Mountain for a night - through to Strahan for two nights with a cruise on the Gordon River - then down to Hobart for 4-6 nights - going to Salamanca Markets, Port Arthur, Bruny Island, then up to Freycinet for a night and up the east coast for a night - back to Launceston - then down through the middle of Tasmania to Bothwell before going back up to Launceston and home.
Thank you again to Miss Cinders for a great linky for a Friday (actually it's a great linky for any day of the week but Friday is an especially good day because that means it is nearly time for the weekend !!!)
What do you know today ?
If you know something, have you linked up ?
If you haven't, how come ?
It isn't too late to link in you know.
TFTD : As long as you're breathing it's never too late to do something meaningful. (Ain't that the truth ?)