Friday 7 June 2013

Things I Know

Friday is link up with The Miss Cinders (please note the name change !!!) for Things I Know Friday.  Why not join in because, as we all know and MC always reminds us, we all know sh*t.

Today :

- I know that I am more than a little teensy weensie excited.

- I know that when I say "See you just now" to A this morning, it is true !

- I know that this has been a great week.  One of those weeks where, even though some things haven't gone to plan, I've been able to go with the flow and all has been well.

- I know that I am looking forward to the long weekend.

- I know that K and I had a great conversation last Friday night when we driving into Surfers for her to drop me off to meet with CrashTest Mummy.  She said "Mom, I don't want to grow up like you." and, do you know I was soooooooooooooo happy to hear her say that.  I can't think of many other things she could have told me that would have made me happier !!!!  I don't want her to grow up like me either.  I want her to grow up confident and self assured and capable and strong.  I want her to grow up believing in her ability to achieve whatever she wants.  I want her to grow up and be out there - not in a nasty way - but in a way that says "I'm here.  I'm strong.  I'm confident.  I can achieve anything. Don't mess with me because you may land up being sorry."

- I know that this will probably scare some people off but that is OK, she is very stong willed and needs to mix with people who can deal with that and not let her be in charge all the time.

- I know that I am looking forward to going to a Suns game with A on Saturday - it's been too long since he has been to a game.  What would be even better is if we beat North Melbourne (which I think we could do if the stars align !!!)

- I know that I love brightening someone's day - I have got sooooooooo much pleasure out of this project - I am finding it quite hard to hold back and pace myself.

- I know that I am loving the new blogs that I have come across recently and the new connections I am making on Twitter / Instagram.

- I know that I love the way the universe works.

- I know that I may not be on SM much this coming week because sometimes living IRL is more important.

- I know that my awesome on-line friends will be here for me when I get back and will totally understand me not being around while A is home.

Have the best weekend and I will see you when I see you !

TFTD : It's the hardest times that teach us the most valuable lessons.

20 comments:

  1. HURRAY! He's home! Enjoy yourself this week lovely soaking up your time with A :)

    I totally get your conversation with K. I hope my girls do the exact same thing.

    Have a great week!

    MC x
    #ThingsIKnow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MC - I KNOW that I am going to enjoy every single minute with him !
      Have a great long weekend !
      Me

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your wonderful man and forget SM xxx that is the best thing to know :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet - I certainly plan on enjoying every single minute with him !
      Have the best long weekend !
      Me

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear he's back - YAY!
    Also I know I've tipped the Suns this week, because I think their near win over the Cats will pump them up.
    That's lovely the bit about K.
    What is SM?
    ETW - enjoy the weekend WYDKT? (what, you don't know that?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - SM = social media (where you normally see me when I have nothing to do or actually even if I do have stuf to do I can be found there !!!!)
      You crack me up - every.single.time !!!
      Have a great day !
      Me

      Delete
  4. Yay - you have the best weekend too. Really lovely post and glad you had a great week. Kimxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim - I had a great 9 days with A - he left this morning and I feel like I am able to get through the next few weeks without too much trouble - I am feeling strong and capable right now (long may it last !!!)
      Have the best day !
      Me

      Delete
  5. Awww what a wonderful conversation with K. As a a parent as a mum you want you to bigger and better then you, in the most glorious and positive types of ways. So nice that A will be home and you'll have some wonderful time together.

    Have a gorgeous friend my sweet friend, we are always here when you get back. Much love and many smiles to you. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lovely Lady - it's been great to spend the time with A.
      Have the best week (and thank you for sharing the beautiful photo of the yellow flowers !)
      Me

      Delete
  6. Hey lovely, have missed you around the traps, hope you're enjoying your week.
    The post hasn't arrived yet, but I'll let you know as soon as it does.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend ! It's good to be missed ! I thoroughly enjoyed the time with A but am pleased to be back connecting with my on-line friends.
      Have a great week !
      Me

      Delete
  7. I love that you want that for your daughter. We were brought up in a time when it wasn't acceptable for women to be strong and outspoken. I want my daughter to be as noisy as she likes. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely R - my Mom is so often astounded at what she percieves to be strength in me whereas I don't see it like that at all. I see the strength in K.
      Have a great week !
      Me

      Delete
  8. Hi there, just stumbled on your blog - small world this blogosphere - I'm friends with Crash Test Mummy - our girls go to kinder together. Love your blog, love that you're from SA (my husband is too) & look forward to coming back often to read your lovely posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by - I am so glad you found me because now I have found you and the posts of yours that I have read have really spoken to me.
      Have the best day !
      Me

      Delete
  9. HELLO AND THANK YOU - I have blogged out this amazing gift I received and had it totally wrong, I will add in my post -http://blog-jacana.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/a-random-act-of-zen.html.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome - I'm sorry that I didn't put your real name together with your blogging name !!! I guess it is a lot like me - most people don't know that my name is Linda !!!!!
      I can't tell you how happy this project has made me - it has given me ten fold the happiness that I think it may have given anyone else.
      Have the best week !
      Me

      Delete
  10. What an awesome post Chick.
    What does IRL stand for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Chris - IRL = in real life (will let you know on your blog in case you don't see this reply !!)
      Have a great week !!
      Me

      Delete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...