I wish I was as enthusiastic about being in Stanthorpe this morning as I was about getting here on Friday !!!!
While the weather hasn't been great - and we haven't done any walking - we have watched some episodes of Mrs Browns' Boys - we have done some reading and we have done lots of watching of the flood situation, we are now stuck here because of road closures.
Yesterday we packed up and went to check out and the owner had a bit of a chuckle and said words to the effect of "Not so fast - you aren't going anywhere at the moment." A wasn't sure about that so we drove into town to see if we could find out any more info (not easy on a public holiday in a small town), went to McDonalds to get wifi (for some reason that wasn't that easy either), and then tried to get onto websites to see what we could find out. Those poor websites just couldn't seem to cope.
Today we have to make a decision - do we
(a) leave and take our chances that the road through Warwick will be opened at some point during the day because it isn't open now and we have been told to check back at lunch time (and if we check out and the road isn't opened, will we be able to get accommodation tonight in Warwick or
(b) stay another day and leave for definite (or as definite as we can be) tomorrow
What to do ?
Linking in with Essentially Jess for #IBOT.
Have a great day !