Tuesday 10 September 2013

A Long Overdue Post


It's been a while since I have posted about my health / weight issues - mainly because I have been tracking along quite well although not at any great rate of knots.

Yesterday afternoon I had appointments with my dietician and my hormone doctor.  I drove away from there feeling so happy - it was such a good feeling.  To finally feel like everything is falling into place and settling down into some sort of normalcy (well as normal as anyone's body can be !!)

Firstly, my visit to the dietician - total loss to date 7.6kgs (loss over holiday 0.2kg).  My body fat % has reduced by 7.8% (I have another 7% body fat to lose to get into a healthy range.)  My body fat has reduced by 8.3kg.  My lean body mass has increased by 5.3kg.  And my hydration levels have improved.  She is very happy with my fat loss and lean body mass increase - so if she is happy, I'm happy !

Then I went to my Maxine (real name Maura) and she looked at my blood results and, apart from my Vitamin D levels which have dropped despite taking my daily Vitamin D drops, there are no issues.  I can continue with what I am doing and only have to go back to see her in December.  So, she is happy with where I am, which means I am happy too !

My exercise is coming along nicely (except for yesterday because I had both these appointments after work and by the time I got home and had done dinner, I wasn't up to doing much at all !).  I have been walking just about every day.  I have been on the stationary bike as well as doing the crunches, reverse crunches and daily planks.  On the weekend, we took our road bikes out on Saturday and Sunday morning - it was so good to get out on the road.  The weather was just beautiful - and the time we spent on the bike was a great way to spend some of our weekend !!!!

So, for those who have been following my tumultuous journey through menopause / weight gain / drop off in exercise - I am hoping that this is the turning point.  I am feeling so positive and upbeat about where I am right here - right now - it's a great feeling and I just wish I could bottle it up so I could have a sip of it when I am feeling cr*p and things aren't so positive !!!

Because it is Tuesday, and #IBOT, it's time to link up with Jess from Essentially Jess.
 
Have you linked in today ?
 
Have the best day !

TFTD : Never forget where you've been. Never lose sight of where you're going. And never take for granted the people who travel the journey with you.

53 comments:

  1. Oh honey what awesome news to read. I've been behind with keeping up with posts, what with pregnancy and new baby, my head has been elsewhere. It's so nice to pop over here and read such a wonderful happy update. I'm so pleased for you, I hope things continue on the up for you. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally allowed to get behind on reading when you have one new little bub and two other children to look after !!!
      Have a great week !
      Me

      Delete
  2. Congratulations for being the new you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to good news and smooth sailing - and you forgot to mention you are featured on Random Acts of Zen....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - thank you ! It's not something I would do - let people know I was featured anywhere !!! I'm the shy one - remember !!!
      Have a great week !
      Me

      Delete
  4. That is great news!! Your health is so important and it is good that you are taking steps to look after yourself. Fabulous numbers too, you are obviously doing it right. Looking forward to seeing you in two days! Yay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and me too !!!
      See you tomorrow !
      Me

      Delete
  5. Well done you! I'm so glad you are finally have success, sometimes I little bit is all you really need to kickstart things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely - once you start to lose it is easier to keep going isn't it ?
      Have a great day !
      Me

      Delete
  6. Well done! I need to shift 6kgs since my last baby who is 9 months now. I am breastfeeding but I never lose when I am doing it! My body clings to that milk fat for at least 6 months post-weaning. Blame hormones for everything!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't breastfeed long enough for it to make a difference - mind you, I think I would be like you, it probably wouldn't have made much difference to my loss anyway !
      Have the best week !
      Me

      Delete
  7. Woot!!! You legend! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy to hear all this L! I'm glad things are on track and you are feeling much better! xo Aroha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you A - it's good to feel back in control.
      Have a great week - I know how hectic everything is for you right now.
      Me

      Delete
  9. Congrats! Hope this is the turning point for you x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay you!! Glad you are making progress and are feeling happy where you are. Keep up the good work, you're an inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you R - I really appreciate you saying that !
      I hope that these last few weeks go well for you.
      Me

      Delete
  11. Wow! You are an inspiration. I cannot wait till I write a post just like this. I am certainly on my way, but to actually be there is just fantastic. Well done to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becc - I still have a way to go with my weight loss but it's good to have all the other stuff mostly sorted out.
      Have a great week !
      Me

      Delete
  12. Congratulations. Sounds like you are going well on a tough journey. Onwards and upwards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOHOOO!!!! Go L, you are doing SO amazingly!!!!! So glad to hear you are happy with your results, as you completely should be!

    I love that you put a asterix in CRAP! so cute!

    Shine on lovely lady xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meagan - it's so good to see you back around cyberspace - I've missed you heaps !!!
      Me

      Delete
  14. Congratulations lovely lady! You are doing awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tegan - see you on Friday ! Have an absolute ball at ProBlogger !!
      Me

      Delete
  15. Oh sounds fantastic! Well done! I am suffering from a similar drop off in exercies/weight gain, but it's been since having tiny children that's done it for me! If I don't get moving soon I will regret it. Actually, I already do regret it. MUST MOVE MY ARSE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I don't even have little children to blame !!!
      Have a great day and keep moving !
      Me

      Delete
  16. Well done, Linda! So great to hear about your achievements! So deserving! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace - I really appreciate you saying that !
      Have a great day !
      Me

      Delete
  17. Great to hear all is going well and you are sounding a lot happier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie - I am certainly feeling a lot better.
      Have a great day !
      Me

      Delete
  18. Awesome L! You have come so far and made some huge changes to get back to the healthy you, and you are so well on your way!

    It's hard, but so worth it :)

    MC xxx
    #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MC - you are right - it is hard work but so worth it !!
      Have a great day and take care of yourself !!
      Me

      Delete
  19. I love that feeling too... and yep, I'd bottle it up for crap days if I could too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only we could hey Chris !!!
      Have the best day you can !
      Me

      Delete
  20. Brilliant news, I hope it continues. xxx Rae

    ReplyDelete
  21. YIPPEEEE - great news to be heading in to PB with, lots of confidence, great news and a much happier path ahead. We'll have to celebrate this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your TFTD, sounds like you are kicking some awesome milestone goals!
    #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Exercise is very effective for weight loss. Exercise converts calories in energy. It is very good from your side. You are doing nice job.

    Aaron |
    Mobile Massage

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats and yay for you. I am so glad you are happy with your progress. Enjoy PB!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann - have the best day and a big hug for Speedy !!!
      Me

      Delete
  25. Congrats! That is really great. YOu should be so proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam - I am happy with what I have achieved but really need to stay focussed to achieve goal weight and optimum fitness for a 48yo!!!
      Have the best day !
      Me

      Delete
  26. Hormones are a bitch. And you are a freaking ROCK STAR!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely, I'm so glad it's going along well for you!! It's a credit to your determination.
    PS, thanks for joining in with my project yesterday xx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...