Monday 26 September 2011

A Great Weekend !

Yesterday we had a great day.  Got up and cleaned the house doing lots of little extras along the way AND doing some decluttering / clearing out of tops and shoes.  Items I will never wear again whether I lost 10-20kgs or whether I put on 10-20kgs !!!!  For the life of me I couldn't think of why I kept them in the first place when I didn't like them or they way they fitted or didn't like how uncomfortable I felt when I wore them.  All gone into big plastic packets waiting to be dropped off at the Salvos.  Just because I don't like them doesn't mean that someone else won't love them - at least that is what I am hoping.

A and I went to the movies - at 1pm - on a Sunday.  I think that is the first time we have been to the movies during the day - for me, movies means night time and I don't recall us going to movies during the day before (we may have but obviously it didn't make a huge impression on me because I can't remember it !!!).  We saw Zookeeper (A's request) - it had some funny parts but don't dash out to watch it.

Got home and washed my car and then got the Kia ready as we have sold it to K and so backed it into the garage and 'wrapped' it with fabric to look like ribbon on a present (will post a photo once they are downloaded) with a big tulle and crystalline bow on the windscreen.  She got home from work after playing touch with her colleagues and opened the garage door and just had this huge smile on her face.  Here's wishing her happy and safe travels in her new car !!!!!

My weight this morning was up - not surprising seeing as I have been able to eat and it hasn't just been going straight through me.  Tonight I aim to go for a walk - don't want to shock my body in trying to go for a run after so many weeks of doing nothing !!!!!  Once I get home from work and doing the grocery shopping, I am going to get changed and get out there.  I will go even if I have to go by myself - I am not a fan of exercising by myself but I can no longer use that as an excuse to sit at home and not exercise !!!  So tomorrow when I post it will be tell you about the great walk that I had tonight.  (This is me making myself accountable through whatever means I can !!!!!)

Have a great day whatever you are doing and take care !

TFTD : A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime. But a few days later he came back to return the stone to the wise woman.
"I've been thinking," he said, "I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone."
"The Wise Woman's Stone"
Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...