Monday 4 February 2013

Crushes Then and Now

WELCOME to my 250th post in this blog.

Linking in with Listmania 3 at Home Life Simplified and Kirsty at My Home Truths for Confessions - Crushes Past and Present  :

Past :
I couldn't go past Tom Selleck (Magnum PI) for my last teenage crush - man I loved that moustache of his and the way he used to jump into that little red convertible.  I even named a teddy after him !!!!  I still own said teddy (although now he sits in a black garbage bag along with some other mementos of my childhood).
David Cassidy - oh that hair
Donny Osmond - I was so sure he was singing to me !!!
Bay City Rollers - those clothes and shoes !
Jacques Kallis - I don't really know what attracted me to him but he was just a good overall package
John Travolta - wasn't he also singing to me and whirling me around the dance floor in Saturday Night Fever ?

Present :
Hugh Jackman - who doesn't love Hugh ?  I am so sorry I never got to see him perform The Boy from Oz - I am sure I would have loved it !
Gary Ablett - I love his bald head
George Bailey - has the nicest smile and appears to be very much the gentleman
And, as soppy as it is, I am adding A in here - after being together for 27 years I still have a crush on him !!!!

Here's to a fantastic week everyone.  Just got back from Dr Maxine (at least is what I call her because she reminds me of the cartoon character !!!) - THERE. IS. A. REASON. FOR. WHY. I. FEEL. LIKE. I. DO - and it is treatable - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-BLOODY-HOOOOOOOOOOO !!!  I cannot tell you how I feel right now and, as she said, it may not fix all the problems but it will certainly go a long way towards helping me feel better !!

TFTD : An effort made for the happiness of others lifts us above ourselves.

22 comments:

  1. Great list...I'm with you on Hugh Jackman! Just saw him in Les Miserables - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bec - while reading other blogs I have found a fair few that I seemed to have missed !!!
      Have a great week !
      Me

      Delete
  2. So happy you have a treatment plan now - great news!

    I loved the bay city rollers but mostly for the quality music lol S A T U R day night!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's was a great list to make - just sorry I came up with so many more after reading other blogs !!!
      Have the best week.
      Me

      Delete
  3. Love your list! And yes to Hugh Jackman! Happy 250th post! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina - have a fantastic day !
      Me

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the 250 and even better on finding a cause & solution. Here's to speedy improvement...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia - I can only cross my fingers / toes / legs / eyes and hope !!!
      Have the best day !
      Me

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the 250 and even better on finding a cause & solution. Here's to speedy improvement...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magnam was so huge...and indeed the Rollers...it's so funny remembering all these people

      Delete
    2. Yes, I did enjoy the trip down memory lane as I read other posts - it was great fun.
      Have the best week !
      Me

      Delete
  6. Happy 250th! Go team Hugh Jackman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes !!! I found a few I had missed while reading other posts today !!
      Have a great week !
      Me

      Delete
  7. Well I may of been born in the late 70's but I still grew up knowing, watching and perhaps fancying some of those on your list as I grew into my pre-teens watching re-runs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so many of these programs had re-runs - some of them were so good at the time but when you look at them now you can see the (sometimes) bad acting and lack of continuity at times - but it's all good !!!!
      Have the best day and take care of yourself !
      Me

      Delete
  8. fantastic news about Dr Maxine! I hope beyond hope that she helps you and puts you on the right track to feeling yourself again! And awwww, so sweet that you mention A! I have to admit, I didn't have a crush on Tom Selleck back then, but have you ever seen Blue Bloods? The latest TV cop drama he's in? I LOVE IT! And love HIM in it! He makes the show! Hope you have a great week L! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi A - thanks for that. Yes, I have seen Blue Bloods - is it on again ???? Must check it out as I did really enjoy him in that series. To me he is just the same as he was 35 yrs ago !!!!
      Have a great week !
      Me

      Delete
  9. The Bay City Rollers!! They lived just a few miles from where I grew up, and we were all mad about them. Well, it was a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 250th....and happy to hear you got good news from Dr Maxine....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good news - I hope the new information and treatment helps. And I love your list of crushes then and now - Magnum PI was awesome and Tom Selleck always came across as a bit of a cheeky man. I like a cheeky man! Thanks again for linking up with I Must Confess!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo-bloody-hoo too! Thank goodness for the Dr Maxines of the world who dont make us feel like we are weird when really we are just plain awesome...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, forgot about Tom Selleck, this has been a hard one xxx Rae.
    Just remembered Hugh Grant?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...