Friday 1 February 2013

(Random - as always) Things I Know

Linking in with two lovelies today - Miss Cinders from Saturday Morning Ogre Mum for Things I Know and Grace from With Some Grace.

In no particular order ('cos that's what random is, isn't it ????) :

- I know I am happy to be at home and that I probably should have enjoyed the two unplanned days away a little more than I did (I let the stupid bloody anxiety rob me of that pleasure - silly billy me !!!)

- I know that I need to make some decisions about which linkies to link up with because, when I link to more than one in a day, I find it really hard to pop around and comment on other blogs who have linked up (and seeing as that is the point of a link up I feel like I am abusing the link up if I don't get around to majority of the blogs)

- I know that I used to be able to blog without linking up but lately my mind seems to be a huge, big, blank canvas and the only way I can continue to blog is to use the prompt of a link up.  I am positive that one day my mind will return from wherever the hormonal gods have taken it, and I will be able to blog without the crutch of a link up.

- I know that sometimes I just have to go with the flow until I can turn around and do what I need to do

- I know that need to stop beating myself up over the choices that other people make - it is not a relfection on me - it is their choice - and they need to deal with the consequences of those choices

- I know that I am happy that I have entered The Brisbane Twilight Run in March and The Colour Run in April on the Gold Coast otherwise I would have no incentive to start training

- I know that because I have entered above events, I really should get my act together and get training

- I know that spending too much time planning my training is probably not as effective as actually getting out there and training (I know there needs to be some planning but it shouldn't take longer than the actual training !!!!)

- I know that my child is going camping for the weekend somewhere down near Byron Bay so I will have sole use of the laptop THE. WHOLE. WEEKEND. - that will be so cool as I may even be able to catch up on all the blogs I am behind in reading/commenting !!!

What do you know this week ?  C'mon, share it with us so that we can know more !!!!

TFTD : I haven't failed.  I've found 10,000 ways that won't work - Benjamin Franklin

24 comments:

  1. Have an awesome weekend with the laptop lol.... Cant wait to go to Byron Bay in July :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie - seem to have been busy with other things and haven't spent as much time as I would have liked !!!! LOL
      Hope you have a great time in BB - it is a lovely area.
      Have a great day !
      Me

      Delete
  2. Don't beat yourself up lovely. It's your blog and you can write what you want to!! FYI My Mummy Daze has a new linky starting today that you might want to check out for inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Renee - have a great day !
      Me

      Delete
  3. I'm slowly getting back into linkys, they're a fun way to meet new writers!
    {found you via FYBF}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cate - yes they are definitely a fun way to meet new bloggers.
      Have the best Sunday !
      Me

      Delete
  4. I'm having a similar problem finding my blogging voice & link ups are a great way to get me started sometimes. We gotta do what we gotta do ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - sometimes it really is a case of fake it until you make it !!
      Have the best day and thanks for stopping by.
      Me

      Delete
  5. I know what you mean by a blank mind! I always think of a blog post as I'm falling asleep, and by the morning it has vanished from my mind. I really do need to have a pad and paper next to my bed!

    Blog commenting, argh! I know what you mean! Once upon a time I fit sooo much commenting into each day. These days, half the time I don't get to sit for longer than five minutes. And with a slow connection, by the time a page does load I'm already up and at em again! I need to dedicate two nights a week to blogging *nods*

    Good luck with the runs. My goshness all you fit bloggers put me to shame. I am so unfit my body would go into cardiac arrest if I even tried to run!

    Happy Friday lovely! Hope you're having an awesome day.

    Thanks for linking up!! MC x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - sounds like you know exactly what I mean !!!
      Have a great weekend !
      Me

      Delete
  6. enjoy your weekend and I hope you get your writing mojo back soon as well! It's great to know other bloggers better through random bits like this post too :)

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Ai - I hope you have a great weekend !
      Me

      Delete
  7. Way to go! I would love to do the colour run - it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla - yes I think it will be heaps of fun. A was going to do it with me but thinks that the powder will aggravate his asthma - he did battle a bit with it at The Stampede last year.
      Have a great day !
      Me

      Delete
  8. Love that Ben Franklin quote.
    I'm eyeing off the Warrior Dash next....it's completely beyond me (no upper body strength) but figure it will be something to amuse myself with. And I will have to train, as I won't have the kids as an excuse (ie doing it with me)
    As for the first thing you know, I think it's fair to say, given the circumstances, that it was all a bit stressful, and it's hard to enjoy when there's so much misfortune and chaos going on for others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia. Warrior Dash is great even though that is where I hurt my back quite badly. The Stampede is a little easier if you can find that somewhere close to you.
      Have the best day !
      Me

      Delete
  9. I know I have a lot of work ahead of me right now and I'm not even worried. Yet. I'm sure anxiety will kick in soon enough though so I better get as much as I can done first! ;)
    Lots of love from us! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking of you and sending lots of positive energy your way !
      Have a great weekend and take care !
      Love, hugs and positive energy !
      Me

      Delete
  10. Good on you for entering all those events! That is awesome. And you know you must put yourself first, no one else will! Em xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em - you are totally right about that (although between you and me I think that A does put me first !!!)
      Have a great day !
      Me

      Delete
  11. I know that I think you are awesome for entering those events. I also know only to well in fact about what you mean regarding the link ups. I sometimes use them for the same purpose and often feel the same way. I am making a mad dash a around now to try and catch up. Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses. Enjoy your laptop weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhianna - it's always good to know that I am not alone in this and that others feel the same way - because there are times that I worry that I am the only one going through / feeling something !!!
      Have the best weekend !
      Me

      Delete
  12. I know that if I had to share a laptop with my teenager - well - it just wouldn't happen! Enjoy the uninterrupted use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I didn't use it as much as I would have liked - seemed to have other things that needed to be done / seen / attended to !!!! She will be back tonight and hopefully too tired to worry about her computer and so I can get a few hours then !!
      Have the best weekend !
      Me

      Delete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...