Thursday 21 February 2013

Thankful Thursday

It's been a while since I have linked in for Thankful Thursday - mainly because I have been a bit of a grump lately and battled to find things to be thankful for.  But, as we all know, if we want to find something to be thankful for, we can.  So, linking in with Leigh from Six By The Bay, here goes for what I am thankful for this week.

1.  I am thankful that my Mom is being operated on, as I type this, to cut out the cancer in her leg.  Here's to a successful operation.

2.  I am thankful for finding a new physio who, by changing my running style, has relieved most of the pain in my knee.

3.  I am thankful for a husband who is so supportive it makes me cry sometimes - the poor bugger really does need a medal for putting up with me while I go through menopause - may it leave like the wind !!!

4.  I am thankful for the fact that we both have jobs and, while we can't just spend willy nilly, we are comfortable and are no longer living from pay cheque to pay cheque.

5.  I am thankful for a job with a company which is really quite flexible - this has helped me no end the past couple of weeks.

6.  I am thankful for my new car - I would be even more thankful if we could sell the old car - anyone interested in buying a 2003 Nissan X-Trail or if you know someone who may be interested, please let me know !!!

7.  I am thankful for our dogs.  While I am not a fan of them, they do provide so much amusement and their unconditional love is second to none (especially when I get home and "Grumpy K" is on the couch !!!)

8.  I am thankful that today is Thursday and tomorrow is Friday which means the weekend is just a sniff away !!!

Thank you Leigh for hosting this linky - I will try to become a regular on here as I continue to embrace what I am thankful for.

TFTD : The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln


5 comments:

  1. Silver linings..... there are always some hidden somewhere. Sounds like you have good priorities! All the best for your mum..... its not easy! Hope to see you next week! Leigh xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh - wanted to stop and see her this morning but ran out of time so will be over there tonight and take some dinner with us. She was in pain but said that it was bearable.
      I'll definitely be back next week - have a great weekend !
      Me

      Delete
  2. So much to be thankful for ... I will join with you in being thankful for my wonderful hubster, being able to work from home, we've sold one of our blocks of land (settles TODAY!), our kitty, and that our kids are mostly not too bad (they ARE teenagers after all!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooohooo on the sale of your land - that is excellent !! I know what you mean about teenagers - some times they are absolutely delightful and other times you wonder where that person disappeared to.
      Have a great Friday !
      Me

      Delete
  3. it's true, sometimes it's the simple things that we should see as well and be thankful for..
    love how you are 'not a fan' of the dogs but can't resist laughing or cuddling them.. we have 3 of the kind!! at times, it's my best anti-depressive (not that i am really taking anything, but you know. it actually works)
    it believe if we were in similar financial situation (instantly, if only i could find a part-time, and soon!) I would also consider myself as lucky and be thankful for the situation. at the moment, am thankful that, while scratching along, we really aren't poor as so many in this world are.
    great points, very universally adaptive too..

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...