Finally I have made the time to sit down and acknowledge a wonderful award from some amazing fellow bloggers.
In July last year CJ from Musing n Mayhem nominated me. In November Vicki from Fit Mums Blog. In January Zita from It's Time . And then in February Seana from The Mum's Diet nominated me. I have finally made the time to do this. What I have done is take a combination of questions from each of them.
In case you don't know how this works - here goes :
1. Post 11 things about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions set by the person who tagged you
3. Set 11 questions for the people you tag
4. Tag 11 people
5. Tell them that you have tagged them
6. Read their replies and get to know more about the people who blog around you
11 Things About Myself
1. I don't like cooking.
2. I am inherently lazy.
3. I was a flower girl for the lady whose daughter was my flower girl.
4. I love listening to music but I am hopeless at names of artists or songs.
5. My engagement ring has diamonds from my Gran's engagement ring, my Mom's engagement ring and my engagement ring - I love it and think of them every time I look at it.
6. I was dux at senior primary school before going to high school.
7. I often add up numbers on number plates when I am in the car.
8. Generally if I am a passenger in the car for more than 20 mins, I will fall asleep, no matter what time of the day it is.
9. After getting used to the taste of 70-80% chocolate, I don't enjoy 'normal' chocolate anymore but if I am really, really desparate, I will eat it.
10. My first car (1983) was a 1960 Morris Minor that was chocolate brown and A had it spray-painted yellow for me even though we didn't really have the money to do that. It was stolen when I was 7 or 8 months pregnant - I was very upset !!
11. I love blogging and the people that I have met (IRL and online) through the internet.
11 Questions Asked By Those Who Tagged Me
1. What item you won't leave home without ? My phone
2. I'd be happy if I never had to ____ again. Clean the toilet
3. What is your favourite guilty pleasure ? Being in charge of the TV remote when nobody else is around.
4. Are you a logical or lateral thinker ? I am definitely a logical thinker.
5. Where would you love to live the most ? Toledo in Spain. We visited there when we were on holiday and I just loved it. The cobbled streets, the narrow roads and small doors were just magical.
6. If you could change one thing about youself, what would it be and why ? I would ask that I don't suffer with menopause because right now it is making me very miserable.
7. Entree or dessert ? DEFINITELY dessert
8. Your favourite holiday ? This is really hard as we have had some amazing holidays. I loved the time we spent in USA and Spain. But, it would probably be the two weeks A and I spent in NZ last year to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. It was just the two of us and we had very loose arrangements so moved about as and when we wanted. It was a fantastic time for both of us.
9. What book are you currently reading ? I am re-reading the Twilight series (for the 6th time !!!) yes, I love the story !!!
10. Diamonds or pearls ? Diamonds without a doubt
11. What has been the happiest moment of your life ? At the time I didn't know it, but when I look back, my wedding day is my happiest day. I made a commitment to my best friend to love and cherish, in sickness and in health and over 25 years later, we are still best friends and now having the time of our lives because K really does her own thing most of the time.
11 Questions For Those I Tag
1. Chocolate or vanilla ice-cream ?
2. Dogs or cars ?
3. What is your favourite season ?
4. Laptop or desk top ?
5. Jeans or dresses/skirts ?
6. Participate or watch ?
7. Electronic diary or pen and paper ?
8. Snow or beach ?
9. Chips or wedges ?
10. Morning or night person ?
11. Gold or silver ?
The 11 Bloggers I Tag (In alphabetical order - but please don't feel obliged to join in - if you would like to it would be great to learn more about you but totally understand if you don't)
Aroha from Colours of Sunset
Eleise from A Very Blended Family
Gillian from Tessie Girl
Jackie from A blog about me living with CRPS
Julia from Unwritten
Lydia from Where The Wild Things Were
Lyndal from Family of Killers
Rae from I Opened My Mouth and It Ran Away Without Me
Rhianna from A Parenting Life
Stacey-Lee from Get On With It Already
Trudie from My Vintage Childhood
As I said before, if you aren't able to do this, it is totally OK (Geez, it took me so long to get around to doing it myself !!!!)
And, because it is Tuesday, I am linking in with Jess from Essentially Jess for #IBOT.
TFTD : If we truly want to make a impact - big or small - we have to be comfortable with being uncomfortable.