Tuesday 19 February 2013

Liebster Award

Finally I have made the time to sit down and acknowledge a wonderful award from some amazing fellow bloggers.

In July last year CJ from Musing n Mayhem nominated me.  In November Vicki from Fit Mums Blog.  In January Zita from It's Time .  And then in February Seana from The Mum's Diet nominated me.  I have finally made the time to do this.  What I have done is take a combination of questions from each of them.

In case you don't know how this works - here goes :

1.  Post 11 things about yourself
2.  Answer 11 questions set by the person who tagged you
3.  Set 11 questions for the people you tag
4.  Tag 11 people
5.  Tell them that you have tagged them
6.  Read their replies and get to know more about the people who blog around you

11 Things About Myself

1.  I don't like cooking.

2.  I am inherently lazy.

3.  I was a flower girl for the lady whose daughter was my flower girl.

4.  I love listening to music but I am hopeless at names of artists or songs.

5.  My engagement ring has diamonds from my Gran's engagement ring, my Mom's engagement ring and my engagement ring - I love it and think of them every time I look at it.

6.  I was dux at senior primary school before going to high school.

7.  I often add up numbers on number plates when I am in the car.

8.  Generally if I am a passenger in the car for more than 20 mins, I will fall asleep, no matter what time of the day it is.

9.  After getting used to the taste of 70-80% chocolate, I don't enjoy 'normal' chocolate anymore but if I am really, really desparate, I will eat it.

10.  My first car (1983) was a 1960 Morris Minor that was chocolate brown and A had it spray-painted yellow for me even though we didn't really have the money to do that.  It was stolen when I was 7 or 8 months pregnant - I was very upset !!

11.  I love blogging and the people that I have met (IRL and online) through the internet.

11 Questions Asked By Those Who Tagged Me

1.  What item you won't leave home without ?  My phone

2.   I'd be happy if I never had to ____ again.  Clean the toilet

3.  What is your favourite guilty pleasure ?  Being in charge of the TV remote when nobody else is around.

4.  Are you a logical or lateral thinker ?  I am definitely a logical thinker.

5.  Where would you love to live the most ?  Toledo in Spain.  We visited there when we were on holiday and I just loved it.  The cobbled streets, the narrow roads and small doors were just magical.
 
6.  If you could change one thing about youself, what would it be and why ?  I would ask that I don't suffer with menopause because right now it is making me very miserable.

7.  Entree or dessert ?  DEFINITELY dessert

8.  Your favourite holiday ?  This is really hard as we have had some amazing holidays.  I loved the time we spent in USA and Spain.  But, it would probably be the two weeks A and I spent in NZ last year to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.  It was just the two of us and we had very loose arrangements so moved about as and when we wanted.  It was a fantastic time for both of us.

9.  What book are you currently reading ?  I am re-reading the Twilight series (for the 6th time !!!) yes, I love the story !!!

10. Diamonds or pearls ?  Diamonds without a doubt

11. What has been the happiest moment of your life ?  At the time I didn't know it, but when I look back, my wedding day is my happiest day.  I made a commitment to my best friend to love and cherish, in sickness and in health and over 25 years later, we are still best friends and now having the time of our lives because K really does her own thing most of the time.

11 Questions For Those I Tag
1.  Chocolate or vanilla ice-cream ?
2.  Dogs or cars ?
3.  What is your favourite season ?
4.  Laptop or desk top ?
5.  Jeans or dresses/skirts ?
6.  Participate or watch ?
7.  Electronic diary or pen and paper ?
8.  Snow or beach ?
9.  Chips or wedges ?
10. Morning or night person ?
11. Gold or silver ?

The 11 Bloggers I Tag (In alphabetical order - but please don't feel obliged to join in - if you would like to it would be great to learn more about you but totally understand if you don't)

Aroha from Colours of Sunset
Eleise from A Very Blended Family
Gillian from Tessie Girl
Jackie from A blog about me living with CRPS
Julia from Unwritten
Lydia from Where The Wild Things Were
Lyndal from Family of Killers
Rae from I Opened My Mouth and It Ran Away Without Me
Rhianna from A Parenting Life
Stacey-Lee from Get On With It Already
Trudie from My Vintage Childhood

As I said before, if you aren't able to do this, it is totally OK (Geez, it took me so long to get around to doing it myself !!!!)

And, because it is Tuesday,  I am linking in with Jess from Essentially Jess for #IBOT.

TFTD : If we truly want to make a impact - big or small - we have to be comfortable with being uncomfortable.


http://chiclivingwithcrps.blogspot.com.au/

47 comments:

  1. love love love learning newthings about you - love your guts!! (thanks for the nomination btw, flattered!!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyndal - luv ya too !!!
      Have the best time at PI - take care !
      Me

      Delete
  2. so many interesting things you shared - had to re-read the flower girl one 3 times (too early for my brain i guess) . love the detail about your ring! and i too love music but am hopeless at learning who the heck sings the songs I love

    happy to know you lovely - got your card yesterday and went to email you but gmail seems to have lost you - will write later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I had to read it a few times after I had written it to make sure it made sense !!
      Good to hear someone else loves music but doesn't know artists !
      Glad the card arrived - hope it brightened your day.
      Have a great week !
      Me

      Delete
  3. I love how these let you get to know your fav bloggers a bit better. Great answers. Thanks for including me in the pass it on list. Have a fantastic day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome - thanks for the great blog that you have !!!
      Hope you are having the best week !
      Me

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed reading the things about you. I giggled at you adding up number plates and you falling asleep in the car after 20mins if your a passenger. Thanks for the mention lovely as always you are an enormous support and it's ALWAYS appreciated. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog because it is so not me but it is so interesting and informative !!! (I hope you read that the way I mean it !!!)
      Have a great week - and try to stay dry !
      Me

      Delete
  5. Loved learning these things about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you, I hate cleaning the toilet (I have 4 sons remember... ugh)

    #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My SIL had two boys and I used to pity her all the time !!!!
      Have a great week !
      Me

      Delete
  7. Love your questions! I am with youon so many things, lazy, music, was dux at primary... and totally into the dark choc now and find typical commercial milk choc a bit cheap and nasty!!

    Great to read more about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Seana - didn't realise we had even more in common - always good to know you aren't alone !!!!
      Have a great day !
      Me

      Delete
  8. Nice informative answers, helps get to 'know' you more.
    I love diamonds too. Very, very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - me too !!!
      Have the best week !
      Me

      Delete
  9. Well done for getting it done and I'm with you diamonds all the way and no more toilet cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only !!!!! A often does clean the toilet because he knows how much I HATE it but, when I have to do it again, it will be too soon !!!
      Have a great day !
      Me

      Delete
  10. Excellent way to get to know people more, and I will do it, hopefully this week before uni starts again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for playing along Jackie - always a bit of fun to find out more about fellow bloggers.
      Have a great week !
      Me

      Delete
  11. NOOOOO - I nominated you for one, just haven't had time to publish the post yet - BOO - I still am going to though. And you can just answer in a few months for newbies to learn more about your great self! Em x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks Em - will do it especially for you !!!!
      So glad you had such a great weekend away - take care and stay dry !
      Me

      Delete
  12. I wrote this long thing and then iPad blocked me posting! Thank you for nominating me (but you've tagged the only bloggers I know...so hmmm, not sure what to do about that!)
    That's really lovely about the engagement ring - nice story.
    The addition on the number plates will be good for your memory - I might take that up.
    But seriously, that 80 % chocolate is disgusting!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't go as far as disgusting - not quite as nice as 70% but still better than 'normal' chocolate !!!!
      You don't need to tag anyone - just answer the questions so we can find out more about you - it's all good and just a bit of fun.
      Have a great day !
      Me

      Delete
  13. Am glad you were able to get around to it! thanks! And now looking at your post I realised I really didn't have that much of a clue what I was doing and didn't do the 11 things about me or tag 11 people (it was early in my blogging career so wasn't sure what I was doing will be my excuse!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all good Zita - you'll get into the swing of it soon enough !! Thanks again for the nomination.
      Have the best day !
      Me

      Delete
  14. I love getting to know other bloggers in this way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz - me too !!!
      Have a great week !
      Me

      Delete
  15. I am the same - fall asleep in the car if we're driving more than about half an hour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so proud of myself last night driving home from Brisbane at 9.30 and I didn't fall asleep !!!! Think I was worried A was going to nod off so made sure we were chatting heaps.
      Take care and have a great week !
      Me

      Delete
  16. Definitely dessert!
    Congratulations on your well deserved award honey! And great choice of bloggers to spread the love to.
    I once left home without my phone and I felt like I was walking around with only one arm all day. Hated it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny because I don't get lots of calls or make lots of calls but just the fact that I don't have it is enough to make me anxious !!!
      Have the best week !
      Me

      Delete
  17. Yay!! You did it! Glad I wasn't the only one to pick you hon! ;)
    Lovely to know a little more about you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmen - sorry it took so long to get around to doing it !!!
      Have the best week !
      Me

      Delete
  18. I love that you are reading twilight for the 6th time! That is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess - can't beat a good story !!!
      Have the best day !
      Me

      Delete
  19. I dont think ive known anyone to add up the number plate numbers! Interesting! Did you mean Dogs or Cats or Dogs or cars....cause I think that may be a tough choice for some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG - thanks for that - will go and change it now (although probably too late given anyone likely to read this post has already read Dogs and Cars !!!). In South Africa we used to have 6 numbers and 2 letters so there were more numbers there - now I just do whatever is there !!
      Have the best day !
      Me

      Delete
  20. I love that your engagement ring has diamonds from your family in it too - makes it all the more special. BTW I really enjoyed learning more about you - but, then again, we all know that I am a huge nosey parker!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No - I don't think you are a huge nosey parker - I also love finding out more about my online friends - makes that initial meeting so much easier !!!!
      Have a great day !
      Me

      Delete
  21. Congratulations! I enjoyed your responses and it was nice to know more about you.
    Becc @ Take Charge Now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becc - have a great weekend !
      Me

      Delete
  22. Congrats on the award! I really loved reading your post and your answers! I love dark chocolate too and I always sleep in the car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to find a fellow sleeper !!!!
      Have the best weekend Rita.
      Me

      Delete
  23. 3. I was a flower girl for the lady whose daughter was my flower girl - lol I had to read that a few times to get it clear in my head haha. Loved learning more about you lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks Sonia - glad I could help with keeping your mind active !!!
      Have the best Friday and a great weekend !
      Me

      Delete
  24. Wow, thanks for giving me this award, I am off to blog about it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...