I have so much to be thankful for this week - so, as always - in no particular order :
- I am thankful that K wasn't in her car when someone reversed into it at Helensvale shopping centre. I am not thankful that they were real knuckleheads and drove off without leaving any details behind.
- I am thankful for another $150 visit to 'Maxine' because I found out there is a reason for my tiredness and weight gain. I have insulin issues (I can't remember what the exact name was that she called it) and I have adrenal fatigue. While I am not happy that there is something wrong with me, I am over joyed that we have started the process of finding out and resolving what is causing my tiredness and weight gain.
- I am thankful that the changes are things that I can do. Lifestyle changes should see this come under control. A paleo lifestyle is one that I am now
- I am thankful that the lady I work with is very knowledgeable about nutrition etc and has been a huge help and even given me recipes that I can use for meals.
- I am thankful to my on-line village - many of whom I have already started to pick their brains regarding paleo eating and adrenal fatigue. If I could just stay focused enough in the evenings to do some research I would be extremely happy but generally by about 2-2.30pm my brain turns to mush and I am pretty much useless. (I hope that they don't mind me picking their brains and if I become annoying they tell me !!)
- I am thankful that I can see adverts for runs and delete them without feeling like I am missing out on anything.
- I am thankful that the old people left South Africa last night and will be arriving home tomorrow morning, even if it means I need to get up before 5am to get to the airport on time. While they thoroughly enjoyed the time they spent there with family and friends, my Mom said that she is really looking forward to coming home. For a 75yo who lived in South Africa for 69 years, I think it is great that she sees Australia as home.
- I am thankful (again) for A who has been amazing on the two occasions we have been shopping since we found out what we need to do. He makes sure that all labels are checked before the groceries go into the trolley. Who would have thought that there was wheat in so many items ?
- I am thankful for the color run on Sunday morning. I am doing it with a friend who is going through a bit of a tough time with her 19yo and I am sure that it will be a great way to release a lot of stress.
- I am thankful that we have a long weekend away at Lennox Head to look forward to at the end of April although now I am a little concerned about how I am going to deal with the whole food thing. I feel that I don't have nearly enough information to try to handle a 4 day weekend away.
- I am thankful that we have been recording The Voice so I can fast forward through the annoying bits.
Have the best Thursday ever !
TFTD : Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe