Thursday 18 April 2013

Thankful Thursday

I wanted this post to be something different to normal Thankful Thursday post that I write but honestly, my brain just won't function this late in the day !!!

Joining in with Leigh from Six By The Bay - and in no particular order :

- I am thankful that the bomb that went off at the Boston Marathon did not do more damage.  While I am not in any way, shape or form condoning what they did or diminishing the fact that three innocent people lost their lives and countless others have had their lives irrevocably changed in one of the most tragic ways, but, the damage could have been so much worse.  Having lived in South Africa for over 30 years, I lived through bomb blasts being an almost weekly occurrence.  What they would do is have a smaller bomb go off first, then when police/ambulance/rescuers were on the scene, a bigger bomb would be detonated thereby killing and maiming even more people.

- I am thankful that I have such supportive friends - both on line and IRL.  I have been absolutely amazed at the support that I have received over the past couple of months and I can't say enough times how thankful I am.

- I am thankful for Twitter - where any question that I ask will garner an answer.  Sometimes it is just the reassurance that I need.

- I am thankful for being financially stable so that as we need to change our spending habits to accommodate the new needs as a result of the change in our lifestyle, we can do that.  (And, if I have jinxed our position with this thankfulness I will be more than a little miserable at the universe)

- I am EXTREMELY thankful that the twice that I nodded off in the car while driving back from a board meeting at Richlands, did not result in any accident.  I would never have forgiven myself if I had had an accident because I was driving while I was tired.

- I am thankful that I am learning to be kind to myself and be patient with my body - these are not things that are going to change over-night and I need to allow them to take the time they need.

- I am thankful that I have learnt the art of being flexible - I didn't used to be flexible - in fact, I was very inflexible and planned.  I didn't 'do' spontaneous.  I didn't 'do' changes.  Now I do.  Now I can be spontaneous and flexible, and I am comfortable with that, which is great because in the last 24 hrs we have gone from A being sent to Cairns this morning - to him not going because the ute he has won't make it - to him flying there today - to him staying at home - to him going to Townsville.  So, at this point I really don't know where he is going or when he is leaving - and that is OK because I know that, while I will miss him when he isn't there, I will manage.  I will keep doing what I need to do and it will all be good because I am stronger than I thought I was.

What are you thankful for today ?

Have the best Thurday possible !

TFTD :  Life is about learning from the past, trusting your intuition going forward, taking chances, finding happiness, and realizing everything happens for a reason.

17 comments:

  1. I am thankful that you made it home in your car. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too !!! It was a bit too scary for my liking !
      Have the best weekend !
      Me

      Delete
  2. Get some sleep woman!!!! Im also thankful you didnt have a car accident! I love your TT posts xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh - that is my aim this weekend - sleep !!!
      Have a great weekend !
      Me

      Delete
  3. A pretty great list to be thankful for - and I think being awake and breathing is certainly a list topper! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - absolutely !
      Have the best Friday !
      Me

      Delete
  4. Now I am going to be worried about you in your car! It makes me sad to think of ANYONE living in a place where explosions and bombs are weekly occurrences :-( such a senseless tragedy :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was exactly what we always felt - the senseless killing because you could get killed and then they find that you really have nothing to steal except the clothes you are wearing.
      Have a great weekend !
      Me

      Delete
  5. What a lovely post. I liked how you looked at the positive despite the devastation in Boston. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - hope your weekend is a good one !
      Me

      Delete
  6. A great list of things to be thankful for. So glad you didn't have an accident! Hope you catch up on your sleep. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - hopefully this weekend !!! Otherwise for sure next week when A is away and I am not dealing with his snoring.
      have a great weekend !
      Me

      Delete
  7. I am thankful that you didn't crash your car as well! So many wonderful things there to be thankful for. I am so glad that you are feeling better about being kinder to yourself. You certainly deserve it.

    Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhianna - it's hard work but I am getting there !
      Have a great Friday !
      Me

      Delete
  8. A great list! Glad you made it safely to your house. Being flexible and kind to yourself are so important. Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita - yes they are both so important for all of us.
      Have the best weekend !
      Me

      Delete
  9. Another great list L, I am thankful today that I'm finding a balance in my life, between friends, work, kids, blogging, my husband, and I'm working on not feeling bad if it takes me a few days to read and respond to posts (hence my Sunday read and comment here) Have a great week and haven't we had the BEST weather in ages - LOVE IT - Em x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...