Friday, 19 April 2013
Things I Know
YAY - it's Friday (I ALWAYS know when it's Friday !!) which means that it is time to link up with Miss Cinders from Saturday Morning Ogre Mum because, as I never fail to remind you because MC never fails to remind me, we all know sh*t !!
- I know that I am so happy for our Polish friends who, finally, have been granted permanent residency.
- I know that I am sad that A has to go to Townsville for work on Sunday night.
- I know that I am happy he will be home on Wednesday night because we are going away for the long weekend.
- I know that when we get back from the weekend away, he will be going away for a long time but that is OK because I know that I am strong enough to cope with everything while he is gone.
- I think I have turned a corner health wise. The 0.9kg that I was so pleased about losing last week has found it's way back plus more which I just find so bloody strange given I have had no sugar, no dairy and only a smidgen of cornflour since Tuesday of last week BUT I am going to keep on with it because I know that it is the right thing for my body right now - just now my body will realise it and do what it is supposed to do which is, lose this bloody weight !!!!
- I know that I wanted to get my Ranty McRanty pants on today but have decided to keep that for another day.
- I know that I am happy that I finally made my choices for loans through Kiva. I realised that while I was fluffing around about how to decide who to support, my money wasn't helping anyone. So I took the plunge with a lady from El Salvador and one from Ecuador. Since last night the lady from Ecuador has received 100% of her funding and the other lady has moved to 60%. I am really excited about following the journey that these ladies take - I think I can follow it sort of on Kiva (but I may be completely wrong about that - will have to see !!!)
- I know that I am loving the Yumi's dips - gluten free and dairy free - they are my new favourite snacks. The kalamata olive and sweet potatoe/cashews are excellent with carrot sticks.
- I know that making sweet potato crisps is more time consuming and fiddly than I expected and, I am not so sure that it is cost effective, but they are tastier than store bought ones.
- I know that, while my health is not all that great at the moment, things could be so much worse. I know that, for me, right now, life is good and I am happy.
- I know that love my TFTD today because it is so very, very true.
Have the best Friday and an even better weekend !
TFTD : If you don’t work and fight for what you want, don’t complain and cry over what you've lost.