Friday 18 May 2012

Fitness Friday

Linking up with B from bbeingcool for Fitness Friday and Dorothy from Singular Insanity for Things I Know.

This is what I managed to get done this week starting with the MDC on Sunday :
MDC 4.2km in 24:27
Monday 5.6km run in 38:23
Tuesday 30 mins personal training
Wednesday 5.6km 36:57
Thursday 30 mins personal training

The start of the week was bloody cold and I so didn't want to run but I knew that if I didn't get out there one day could become two days could become the end of my training.  So I braved the cold and the sore chest from breathing in the cold air and just ran.  The good thing about the cold is that I tend to run more than I walk because it is too cold to walk !!!!!

I am really happy with how my training is going.  Three people this week have asked how much more weight I have lost and I haven't lost any more weight - I have maintained my weight for about 7 weeks now and I am happy about that. I have strategies for dealing with small gains.  I have strategies for dealing with a run of making bad choices - I know I can do this and I am going to keep on doing it because it is working for me.  I think that if I stopped training I would have to change my eating habits but for now it is working so I am going to stick with it.

Onto something more uncomfortable - I am sick and tired of these bloody hot flushes that I keep having !  Even taking the wild yam, I am still getting them - although I think they would be worse if I wasn't taking the wild yam.  How long are they going to go on for ?  My research on the internet says 2 - 10 years - I cannot do this for that long.  I am tired of having to strip down to the bare essentials multiple times during the evening/night and then having to get dressed again.  If anyone has any suggestions for combating these, I would love to hear from you.

Wishing you all the best weekend ever !

TFTD : You will not find fulfillment where you have been taught to look for it.  You will only find it where it lives, right where you stand - Alan Cohen

17 comments:

  1. I'm impressed. I struggle to get out of bed in the morning and have zero desire to get on the treadmill when I do manage to drag myself out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in for a visit - always so nice to have new visitors.

      It took me many years to get the motivation to exercise plus I have one 20yo daughter who pretty much looks after herself and a husband who is extremely supportive of my exercising and encourages me when I am feeling a little lazy about getting out there.

      Have a great day !
      Me

      Delete
  2. Wow! That is a great weeks effort and we haven't even finished the week yet!

    I have just run once this week, in between the 8(last week) and 10km this Sunday. I am a bit nervous, but just one plod at a time!

    I am the same on the scales too, but every one keeps asking me how much I have lost. We must have lots of new muscles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you !

      Good luck for the 10km on Sunday - will be waiting to see how you go even if it is one plod at a time. What race are you running ? I am hoping to do a 8-10km run tonight depending on my legs hold up - also one plod at a time !

      I want to do measurements on Monday to see what they are because it is just so strange that so many people have commented on my smaller size when the scales haven't moved - although this morning they moved marginally up !!! Bt I am not worried about it because I know I can plod it off by the end of the weekend (if I can keep my eating in check !!!)

      Have a great Friday !
      Me

      Delete
  3. That's some great running, L. You're such an inspiration. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aroha - I am so proud of you and your 'no walking 5km' this morning - go girl !!!! Maybe I can join you next time you are going to do it - will plan it better than I did this time.
      Love, hugs and positive energy.
      Me

      Delete
  4. I was walking until the weather cooled down. It really helped keep me feeling good mentally, and I've probably missed that most about not exercising.

    You are doing a great job, keep it up! And, I hope you get an answer re the flushes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. I have only had one night when it was really painful running because of the cold - my chest hurt from breathing in the cold air even though I was breathing mostly through my nose. I hope you get back to walking again soon - last night I ran because A and K had an argument and it helped to get it out my system even though it wasn't my fight !!!!
      I hope I find out about the flushes soon - they really are driving me nuts !
      Have a great weekend !
      Me

      Delete
  5. Wow - you ran the MDC in AMAZING time! I don't think I have ever run a km that fast! Go you!

    As for the hot flushes - I have nothing... You go and do some research and I am sure to get back to you in due time... Darn hormones - they just can't leave us alone can they?

    Thanks for linking in again, love it. Your posts are so inspirational.

    #teamfriday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B - I was happy with my time over the 4kms - hope I can keep it up for the 10km GC Marathon in June !
      I'm with you about bloody hormones - hate the damn things !!!!
      Sounds like you certainly have a busy weekend - enjoy your bed tonight.
      Love, hugs and positive energy.
      Me

      Delete
  6. Oh wow! What a fantastic effort. Keep up the great work you are an inspiration to us all. Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhianna. I read that things are difficult for you at the moment - I hope they get better soon.
      Love, hugs and positive energy.
      Me

      Delete
  7. Good on you for pushing through and running in the cold. I need to take that inspiration and get moving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. Sometimes it is easier than other times !!!!
      Have a great weekend.
      Love, hugs and positive energy.
      Me

      Delete
  8. Impressive!! Great job on the MDC. Good luck with the hot flushes. Nothing to suggest here but keeping my fingers crossed for you that you find a fix. At least when you are "hot" it won't be as hard to get started on those cold mornings ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - it wouldn't be too bad if the hot flushes came when it was time to get up - they tend to be mostly in the evenings and during the night (7pm-5am)!
      I was happy with my time for the MDC - hope I can get up to that pace for the 10km in June !!
      Hope you have had a great weekend.
      Me

      Delete
  9. Great job Me, here's to another great week (I'm on natural progesterone for my perimenopause...ugh!)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...