Friday 25 May 2012

Fitness Friday


Today I am linking in with B at bbeingcool for Fitness Friday.

My week has been a good one from an exercise point of view - this is what I managed to accomplish :
Friday 6.93km run (47m11s)
Saturday I met the lovely A from Coloursofsunset where SHE had just run a 5km timed run - WITH NO WALKING !!!  I was so pleased for her - next time I go down I will take part as well - this was a look see visit.
Sunday 22.14km cycle (1h07m59s)
Monday 4.04km run (no walking 26m19s)
Tuesday personal training 30 mins by myself at home as trainer was away and K was being sookie sick
Wednesday 5.95km run (39m24s)
Thursday SHOPPING

Part of me did feel a bit guilty about not training last night but another part of me had so much fun I figured the world wasn't going to end if I didn't train PLUS I do advocate one rest day a week - that may just turn into being my rest day.

I am so motivated by what I am reading of the accomplishments of others - it really helps me when I am feeling like I can't be a*sed to get out there and do something.  Tonight may be a little different - the weather is miserable and raining but on the up side, at the moment, although it is raining it isn't cold and, as I have proved to myself before, a little rain never killed me so if I get home and it isn't pelting down, I promise to get changed and run - even if it is only 4-5kms.

Have a fantastic Friday and take care !

TFTD : In life, sometimes everything falls into place, and sometimes everything just falls to pieces.  The key is to begin creating with these fallen pieces.  By improvising, you'll create something magical that might be the best thing you've ever accomplished - Tori Amos

12 comments:

  1. I have the major guilts today for not doing anything! we were too lazy in getting ready for kindy and I didn't drop him off until after 9 and now I have to leave for work in about 30 minutes. I am using my soreness from personal training as an excuse. I *will* get out tomorrow morning, though probably not at the 5k. Will shoot for next week for the 5k. Might take M and N to the beach in the morning and they can play/scooter while I run. You are doing so well, and have been a huge inspiration to me. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your run tomorrow - I hope the weather is good for you. Thank you for your lovely words - I honestly don't see myself as an inspiration for anyone !

      We are off to the Suns game in the afternoon - hopefully it won't be too cold although with it being a 2pm game it shouldn't be too bad depending on how cold the cold snap they are predicting is !!!

      Have a great weekend - some rest, some exercise, some family time, some you time.

      Me

      Delete
  2. I used to love running. Just the beat of my heart and my legs on the ground - total zen. Take care of your knees and have a good run for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle - will do. It isn't raining very hard so hopefully it is still like this when I get home - want to try for a quickish 4-5km, then hot shower and jarmies in front of the TV !!
      Have a great weekend !
      Me

      Delete
  3. Shopping sounds like a great option for a rest day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz - I did enjoy it ! Paying the price by having to run in the rain this evening - but only after I have been shoe shopping at Helensvale !!
      Have a great weekend.
      Me

      Delete
  4. Wow - you are such a super star! My days of being fit are such a distant memory.... But - beginning to get on top of things, just don't want to rush into running until I get the all clear {stoopid thyroid}... I am so inspired by your dedication...

    Thanks for linking in again, really love it. Go #teamfriday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B - I am really enjoying running after my knee injury last year - got really impatient to get back running and it was only after getting decent shoes that I was able to. I hope it isn't too long before your thyroid is sorted out and you can get back exercising again.
      Take care !
      Me

      Delete
  5. I'm impressed that you can run so far! I tried jogging, but my poor knees didn't like it very much. So I stick to walking.
    BTW... I've mentioned your blog in a little post of mine. http://www.mumofadultkids.com/2012/05/grateful-for-blogger-to-blogger.html Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa - and thanks for the shout - I will be getting to blog about it either tonight - depending on how late I stay up or tomorrow night as A will be away and I will have the evening to myself !!!
      Have a fantastic day - hope you managed to find some earmuffs for your ears for the mornings !!!
      Me

      Delete
  6. That's heaps of exercise. I am so late at getting to all the Team Friday links - it's Tuesday! But my husband is away and life is crammed full of kids, school and sports... easy to get behind... and not a problem!! I am inspired to exercise more when I read about others doing it. So rain or not, I SHALL be at the pool tomorrow for my hour of swimming... and not at the Year 7 mums' coffee morning. Shame but...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow swimming at this time of the year - hope it is a heated pool !!!! I would love to swim but I am completely hopeless at it - where K got her ability from is anyone's guess as neither A nor I are much good at it !!!!
      Sometimes life is busy and we don't get to things until a little later - and that is OK - at least you got to it !!
      Have a great week ahead.
      Me

      Delete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...