On Friday I was honoured to receive my first award !!! Thank you Lisa from mumofadultkids - I too have seen these around other blogs and thought that they were a little lame (sorry everyone !!!) - but now that I have been recognised as someone that others like to read and find inspiring, I am feeling really good about my blog. It is strange because, while I love to read what other people are getting up to, I often wonder what attracts people to read my blog.
When I first started blogging, most of the bloggers that I followed were blogging to help them lose weight. There was a wide range of ages / home situations / work lives but we mostly had the same goal - to stay motivated and lose weight. Nobody got paid to blog. Nobody (as far as I can remember) had adverts on their blog. Some of the blog templates were fantastic, some were a little more ordinary. But the content was mostly just what I needed.
This time around I seem to have found bloggers of a younger age group (or maybe that is just because I am a few years older now ??), a lot of whom have small children or no children and many of whom blog and get paid for it or have advertising on their blog. Now please don't get me wrong, I am no knocking these bloggers at all - in fact I have got an advert on one of these blogs - but it certainly is a different environment to what it was 5-6 years ago. I have often wondered if I could push my blog enough to get noticed so that I could get paid for blogging but given my nature, I figure that is never going to happen - I can't even ask my boss for a raise so how on earth am I going to ask someone to pay me to write about a product ?????
Anyway, I digress - AGAIN ! I felt very special when I read that Lisa enjoyed reading my blog enough to tell others. So now it is my turn for me to pay it forward to 7 bloggers after answering 10 questions about myself and giving you 10 random facts about myself.
The Ten Questions
1. What is my fave song ? Right now I would have to say Tonight We Are Young by Fun (nothing to do with the fact that my maiden name is Young either !!!)
2. My favourite dessert - Creme brulee (NOTHING beats this !!)
3. What ticks me off ? - People who don't keep their word
4. When I am upset what do I do ? Before running, I would eat junk - biscuits or chocolate. Now I go for a run.
5. What is my favourite pet ? I don't like animals - we have two dogs and I tolerate them.
6. What do I prefer - black or white ? Black - it is more slimming !!!!!
7. What is my biggest fear ? Heights - I CANNOT handle them. I keep thinking I will conquer this fear - not going to happen, according to my family. I have truly tried so many times, now I just accept that I can't do heights !
8. What is my attitude ? If it is out of my control, I won't worry about it.
9. What is perfection ? A newborn baby.
10. What is my guilty pleasure ? Chocolate and Amarula
Ten Random Facts About Me
1. I love my feet.
2. I don't drink tea / coffee / anything hot.
3. I love running (this one you may have already picked up on !!!)
4. My engagement ring is made up of diamonds from my Gran, my Mom and my engagement rings.
5. I was 0.15 off being legally blind - I now have artificial lens' in both eyes.
6. I would rather go out and eat desserts instead of having dinner.
7. I would have been a surrogate Mom for somone if only they hadn't said I was too old.
8. I hate having water on my face - probably the main reason why I don't swim very well !
9. Some people had never seen me in a dress until they came to our wedding.
10. I hate chipped nail polish.
Seven Blogs I Enjoy To Read
7. Lady Daa Doo
Check some of these lovely ladies out if you aren't already reading them - they have amazing things to say and inspire me to continue to be the best person I can be or provide me with laughs that help me through the day (and sometimes they do both at the same time !!!!).
TFTD : Success means having the courage, the determination and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be - George Sheehan