Saturday 12 May 2012

Happy Birthday K and Some Cr*ppy News

HAPPY BIRTHDAY K

Twenty years ago at 8.45pm tonight K was born and our lives changed forever.  There had been ups and downs (just like in any family) but one thing I know, I wouldn't change this experience for anything.  I am not your  normal Mom (if there is anything like that) but I have done the best that I can with my limited maternal instincts AND I don't think that between A and I, we have done a bad job.  She is a good kid (can I still call her a kid if she is now 20 ???) who takes up so much of my heart I wonder how I can fit the love for her and A in the same place ?

Anyway, today is the day we no longer have a teenager in the house - how did that happen ?  How did I get to be so old that I no longer have a teenager for a daughter ?  However it happened - that is now my reality and that is OK.

A blog about our weekend in Yamba will follow once I can get my head around some things and get our photos sorted out - promise !

Onto the cr*ppy news - A (along with everyone in the division where he works) was called into a meeting on Thursday morning to be told that the group has been bought out and the new owners don't want to keep the telco division going - never mind that they have so much work they could keep working for another 2 years without even going out and looking for work - so, as soon as the projects they are working on are finished, he is out of a job - AGAIN !!!  This is now the fourth time since we arrived here just over 12 years ago that he has been out of work because there has been a closing down / reshuffle / change of plan on what the company wants to do and to be honest, I am a little tired of it !!!! Having said that, this time we are probably in the best position financially for this to happen so, once I got over the initial shock, I am more accepting of it.  I don't like it but I do accept that it has happened.

The upside is that he is a great techie and has made a name for himself in the industry so, we are hoping that he may be able to get another job before this one has finished.  He made a call to a guy he used to work with who now works at Ericsson to see if they had anything and this guy said that he hoped A didn't mind but he had already put his name forward to his boss.  Apparently they had heard the news and the boss had gone and asked if there was anyone who worked there who they should look at getting and A's name was at the top of the list.  So I am taking heart from that fact - I have put it out to the universe and the universe will provide when the time is right.

My exercise has been going well.  I had a great run last night - I just hope that I can reproduce that run tomorrow morning at the Mothers Day Classic - and if I don't, well that is OK too - I will go out and do my best and I can't ask for more than that.  On the weight front, I have been successful at maintaining my weight which is great but I think I need to measure myself again because people are still commenting asking how much more weight I have lost and I haven't lost anymore so maybe the measurements will be down from what they were the last time I took them.

Tonight we are off to Alto for K's birthday dinner - we have asked a her best friend to join us and my folks for dinner tonight as a surprise for K - I hope she is pleased !!!!!

Have a great weekend and take care.

TFTD : The head alone is a tyrant.  The heart alone is chaotic.  The marriage of the two is mastery. - Mary Guide, with Carla Gordan

12 comments:

  1. All things happen for a reason and as one door closes another one opens. You'll be fine. Don't stress.

    Happy 20th birthday to K. Yes you must be getting old, lol. Have a lovely night.

    PS: Just got two teenagers left. I'm on countdown mode .... again. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee-Anne - I am a lot more relaxed about this redundancy than I have been for any of the others. I think it is because I have a lot more faith in his ability now than I used to have because I have realised just how good he is at his job and I know that others know this too and will be looking for him to work for them or on their projects !

      We had a great night last night - am going to post about it just now.

      Hope you had a great Mothers Day !
      Me

      Delete
  2. Bugger about the work news, sending positive vibes that he gets another job sooner than later. Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie - I hope you had a great Mothers Day !
      Me

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about the work news...but it sounds as though he'll get another one soon.
    Enjoy your dear daughter's birthday... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen - am sure things will all work out in the end - I just need to be patient !

      We had a great night last night - am going to post about it just now.

      I hope you had a great Mothers Day !
      Me

      Delete
  4. So sorry to hear about this hun - however I do believe that the universe must have a reason for it and that reason will be something worth all the drama. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what we are holding onto - that is my philosophy as well - I have put it out there and the universe knows what we have put into getting where we are and won't dish up more than we can deal with. At times I get sh*tty with it, but I know that is how it works !!
      Take care and thanks for stopping by.
      Me

      Delete
  5. Bugger about your crappy news. I hope things turn out for the best. Hope K enjoyed her b'day dinner & that you smashed the MD Classic! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nee - things are looking like they might not be too bad and I am very grateful for that ! K had a great birthday dinner and loved that we surprised her with nviting her best friend. I was really happy with my run in the MDC - very proud and think I can tackle the 10km GOld Coast run in June !!"
      Have a great day and thanks for popping by.
      Me

      Delete
  6. Ahhh, Life. Just when you think you are sorted and things are going well WHAMMO something changes...

    I was set to do the Mother's Day Classic in Brisbane, but this STOOPID thyroid has hampered all my running plans.... I am hoping for a WHAMMO I feel better moment... In which case, running will shortly follow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im sure A will get a job in no time!! Happy birthday to K and fancy being old enough to have an adult daughter hahahah!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...