Thursday 24 May 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today I am linking up (albeit late in the day and nearly Friday) with Kate from katesaysstuff for Thankful Thursday.

I was thinking about this post when I was driving down from Inala back to the office today and I had a whole heap of things in my head but after the evening that I have had, I have had to change the original post about what I am thankful for - not because I am not thankful for the other stuff from earlier today, but because I am more thankful for my wonderful daughter.

I had asked her this morning if she wanted to go late night shopping tonight and she said yes even though she doesn't have any money to spend.  Winter means fewer shifts for her as a life guard at Wet n Wild so her $300 this fortnight doesn't go very far when she has to pay $110 board / phone / Suns membership / computer every week - leaving her $80 for the fortnight to put petrol in her car and not much else !!

Anyway, we went down to Robina as I wanted to go to the Lululemon shop - I was given a pair of socks on the weekend and used them during the week - they were lovely !  I wanted to look at a long sleeve top to run in as the evenings are getting a little chilly to run in a racer back top.  I found a lovely l/s top but at $89 wasn't sure that I could justify the cost.  (No doubt if A was with me we would have bought it !!!) 

After that we went and had some dinner and I said to K that I wanted to maybe look at some dresses with tights and ballet flats.  She was so excited at the prospect of me buying some new clothes that weren't jeans / T-shirts / jumpers !!!  So off we went.  She picked out all sorts of items for me - some looked really good - some looked awful (or maybe they didn't look awful, I just felt they did).  I am not sure who had more fun - her or me !  Occasionally I would say something or pick something out to try on and she would just roll her eyes and laugh and I would put it back.

I tried on a dress at Forever New in a size 16 - too big.  She brought me a size 10 - I asked her if she was off her head - no ways was I fitting into that - she gave it to me and said try it on - it fitted !! I couldn't believe my eyes.  I asked her if there was a size 12 as I just felt that even though it fitted me I would have had to stand in it all day as I didn't think I would be able to sit down without showing my knickers to all and sundry !!!  They didn't have a size 12 but their store at Pacific Fair had a few size 12s !!!  We had looked at some ballet flats which were comfy but I wasn't about to buy shoes without having something to wear them with !!!

She is wearing these leggings Retro Gamer Leggingsand in I can't remember how many stores we went into, the assistants commented on them and how awesome they were and asked where she had got them from (Black Milk in case you are wondering !!).  We were walking back to the car when this guy came out from nowhere and said "I'm not crazy - I work for Michael Hill Jewellers (and showed her this pamphlet for their sale).  I just LOVE those leggings where did you get them from" - poor bugger she looked like a deer caught in the headlights she got such a fright.  Anyway she told him and while they were talking another lady from MHJ came up and asked her about them.  Certainly - they have given us a lot of enjoyment tonight !!!

Anyway, we got to Pacific Fair and I tried on the dress in a size 12 - it really did look lovely - think I need to seriously consider buying it !!!  From there we went to Runaway Bay as I had to check on something at LeGassick and we went to a store SES and I did land up getting this cutest little red and black dress and then we stopped in at Coles and I got some black tights.  K was all excited (probably more so than me) saying "So, you going to wear it to work tomorrow" and I just looked at her and smiled - said "No, I can't because I don't have any shoes PLUS there is only me and the MD in tomorrow - so not worth while wearing anything other than my jeans" - "Yeah, you're probably right."

I am thankful for my 20yo daughter who still enjoys going shopping with her Mom.

I am thankful that she feels that she can offer me fashion advice.

I am thankful that I can still tell her that while it may be fashionable, there are some items which just don't suit me or are not suitable for a 46yo Mom to be wearing !!!

I an thankful that I get to spend this time with her because I know that it won't be like this forever - at some point it will stop. (Mind you, A is the shop-a-holic in our family and he often says "Let's go shopping" when I would really prefer to stay at home and relax !!!).

I am thankful that we can share these times together - laugh together - have fun together - and, in general, just have a great time hanging out together.

I am thankful that one of the most precious gifts that I have, continues to provide me with hours of enjoyment ! 

Thank you K - you have grown into an amazing young lady - I am proud to have you as my daughter.

TFTD : Why struggle to convince someone of something they're not ready to hear ?

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is such a cute post :) Thanks for linking up to First Day of My Life's Thankful Thursday! :)
    I'm glad you had a nice time shopping with your daughter...it sounds like you found some great things, too!
    Have a lovely weekend! ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cami for stopping by. Off shoe shopping after work today before going home for a run (hopefully the rain doesn't come down any harder !!)
      You have a lovely weekend too !
      Me

      Delete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...