Monday 25 February 2013

I Must Confess

This Monday I am linking in with Kirsty at My Home Truths for I Must Confess except I am not confessing about the music I like - given I am very run of the mill and not the least bit out there when it comes to music.

Today I am confessing about what I did (or rather did not) get up to yesterday.  I did nothing (because I don't think reading and sleeping count as 'doing' stuff) ...... just about.  The.  Whole.  Day.

It was pouring with rain at about 5am, then again at about 6.30am and I think that I woke up, sort of, at about 7.30.  I lay in bed, enjoying the peace and quiet and started to read.  I think I must have dozed off because the next thing I knew, A was calling me as my folks had popped over to visit.

My Mom's leg is healing well and yesterday was her first outing since the operation.

We chatted for a while and then they left and A went to carry on with what he was doing - running cables to get power to the fridge on his back seat from the batteries in the back of the ute.  I went back to bed and lay there reading for a while.

At about 11am A came through to get me as some friends had popped over to drop off an invitation to a baby shower at Palazzo Versace (geez - the last place I need to go to for a baby shower - what am I going to wear ?????????????  If only I could pull off the look of an eccentric celebrity - but that ain't going to happen so I am going to have to either chop one leg off or buy something suitable to wear before the end of April)

After they left I went back to bed and read some more and then the next thing I knew it was 2.30pm and I had just woken up !!!!  I went through to the garage where A was working on the car and he just smiled at me and said "Hullo Sleepy Head - have you joined the land of the living again ?"  I said that I thought I may still be in the land of nod but I was slowly finding my way out !!!!

He said he had come through to ask me to come and give him a hand with some of the wiring but I was fast asleep so he just did something else but if I could help him that would be great. So I spent a couple of hours soldering and running wires with him.

I also took some time to sit and play with Alfie and Rosie and re-inforce the tricks I had taught Alfie and taught Rosie how to give high-5's - she was so funny !!!!!

It was K's turn to cook dinner to she did that when she got home from work and we ate and then watched some TV.

I don't know how long it has been since I have spent so much time doing not very much but I said to A that I felt like I really needed that.  I said that part of the problem was doing it and not feeling guilty which is what generally happens with me.

I said that I may need a few weekends like this one because during the week I have been feeling like everything is just getting too much - which on one level is so silly because my life really is so much easier than others that I know who have more than one child, have little children, are single parents - whatever - but at the end of the day, it is my life and I need to worry about doing what is right for me without worrying about how it may upset someone whose circumstances are different.

I feel more able to tackle what this week has to offer apart from the rain which I wish would bugger off for now.  I am totally grateful to the sun which came out on Saturday - I felt to much more energetic after seeing it and spending time outside (even though my body doesn't know how to metabolise vitamin D like it should !!!!)

Thanks again to the awesome Kirsty for hosting the linky today !!  Come on over and share your confession for the week !!!!

Have a great week !

TFTD : Nothing is worth more than this day. You cannot relive yesterday.  Tomorrow is stil beyond your reach.  - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

19 comments:

  1. Send the rain our way - it's nice to have a day like that every now and then :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just sent it off Jackie - hope it reaches you soon !!!!
      Have the best week and good luck with your studies !
      Me

      Delete
  2. Souns like an awesome way to spend a Sunday to me! Sleeping and reading are two of my favourite things. Hope you are feeling refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about refreshed -I feel like I could have done it all over again today !!!! Sadly the bills won't get paid if I do it too often :(
      Have a great week !
      Me

      Delete
  3. We all need those days sometimes. So decadent :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what it is - decadent - and so totally enjoyable !!!
      Have a great day and I hope the weather isn't too miserable up your way.
      Me

      Delete
  4. I just wish this rain would go too - I have 3 sick kids at home today and is making cabin fever even worse! I'm so glad you had the day off yesterday, much deserved. Em x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em - I can just picture the cabin fever happening with 3 sick kids !!!
      Take care and look after yourself - hope your week gets better !
      Me

      Delete
  5. I do the same thing - compare my prolbmes/situation to others and try to make light of what my problems are, but that is not fair to you (or me!). We all have our lot in life, our daily struggles, and yes, someone else will always have it worse, but that doesn't make your problems any less significant at ALL. I'd love to have a day to do nothing, but it never seems to happen. There's always something! Enjoy, I say! Hope you get another one next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my friend - the validation from someone else is just what I needed to hear !!!
      Hopefully one day when N is all grown up and life slows down, you too can have a day to do nothing (but I really hope that it happens sooner than that) !
      Love, hugs and positive energy !
      Me

      Delete
  6. A day off is sometimes just what we need. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you !!! I hope you have a great week !
      Me

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good on you, a great way to recharge our batteries, we all need to do that now and then

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a lovely kind of day, I spent yesterday rearranging the furniture. Again. Honestly I don't know why but there always seems like a better way to put things. Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses for a great week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great way to recharge your batteries, Me -highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like a fabulous day - I need a week of those to get on top of my life at the moment! Here's to many more of them for you. And thanks so much for linking up yet again to I Must Confess - I really appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I for one am thrilled to hear you had a bludge day hun - you have well and truly earned it and we all need one of those every now and then to just recharge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. We all need days like that. I am well overdue for one. It sounds just lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...