Thursday 20 October 2011

A Run and A Loss


As my update to the post from yesterday said - I did get out running.  A landed up getting home from work at about 7.30 - long after I had run and got home and bathed and got into my jarmies !!!!

I had a great run - my tracker thingie didn't work which annoyed me no end but a rough estimate of the distance based on my Nike tracker thing that shows when I have run a similar route before said 3.4km and I did it in about 21.5 mins so I was happy with that.  I did feel good during the run and only walked about 8 short telephone poles and across two roads - and kept on pushing forward with "Just to the next empty lot" and "Just to the next intersection" plus I was using K's iPod so that was good because I tend to run a bit faster when the music speeds up.  I really should get a whole bunch of good 'running to' songs so that I don't get caught on 'shuffle' with some slow songs !!!!  Anyway, it felt good to be running again - tracker thingie or not - and tomorrow night I am going to be out there again.  Tonight I will run the short loop before going to training but I never time that run.

A loss today on the scales of 0.9kgs which I am really happy with (although I would DEARLY love it to be more !!!).  On the up side, the loss meant that I didn't stop at the bakery to get a date scone for morning tea which I had seriously considered doing if there was a gain there this morning as there didn't deserve to be a gain (fat dumb arsed idea I know).  In m yhead I I know that this does not serve the purpose of losing weight by eating extra when I gain, but that is how my mind works sometimes and that is one of the things that I am working on changing - sometimes it is slow going and a case of 1 step forward and 5 steps back.  Today I didn't have to test out my resolve - the loss was motivation enough to keep me driving straight past the bakery and on to work.  1.6kgs to go until I am a 70's girl again - I would love to do that by the end of November and then my goal will be to still be a 70's girl after Christmas and the silly festive season.

Have the best day ever !

Love, hugs and positive energy.

TFTD : You do not know the weight of this self you are carrying until you put it down - Zen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...